Brands with Best/Worst RMA Service

9mmx19

[H]ard|Gawd
I was wondering what brands you all have found to be especially good/bad. Some examples I consider good are Western Digital and Seagate for hard drives. Quick online process, no hassle with re-troubleshooting, and acceptable turn around time. What are your experiences with mobo manufacturers?

Personally for mobos Ive only tried to return an old ASUS board but didnt get very far.

Had great exp with EVGA regarding the 122-CK-NF68-A1 board which died, RMA was quick and painless. CS was top notch both times.

i've had 2 good experiences with ASUS motherboard RMA requests. incidently, they were the only two boards i've ever had go poof. :p

both p5nd2-sli, both times voltage regulators. both times using an 805d. :D

only had to RMA an Asus before..took awhile, but they sent another motherboard back after 2.5 weeks- still works after 2 years.

Asus was also the only MB brand to die on me as well, but I've mainly owned Asus since nforce2 ;)

i didint know kingston/ocz/corsair made motherboards :D

but i agree, Asus could step up the speed a little. i remember posting here asking forum members how long it usually takes and why their status system isnt working. it took them 2.5 weeks to send a motherboard back to me, and another week and a half in transit for delivery to asus and back to me. so thats almost a month.

Anyone who cross-ships: great
Anyone who doesnt: slow

RMA with vendor first, if you can. They usually cross-ship. Otherwise, RMA with manufacturer.

Here`s my chart

BEST [Beyond]
AMD RMA - they upgraded my chip and sent express, easy and friendly technical support.
Excellent
MSI Canada RMA - Mutiple rma request all approved with quick reponse, hassle free and friendly technical support.
OCZ RMA - fast reponse and express shipping, technical support didn`t ask for much information. Friendly technical support.
--
Bad
Antec RMA - demanding customer support even thought I have to repeat everything again to technical support (they only supplied me with 1 phone number, no direct technical support number). I called in 3x times with the same experience. Ship by grounds which took weeks. Broke promise and sent in a different PSU.
Worse
Altec Lansing RMA - very friendly technical support. It`s been 6 months and despite mutiple request I`m still waiting for my remote control.

EVGA has a pretty good RMA service. They keep you updated with everything and the process is easy with the information already linked to your account on their site.

it will also vary by where you are e.g. one brand's support in 1 country may not be as good as it is in another.

I have had nothing but problems with OCZ and RMAs however that hasn't stopped from buying their memory. I also had a problem with Antec. When the P180 was newer it was plagued with problems and I spent over 9 months attempting to get replacement parts only to find that they were backordered. Eventually Antec provided the parts and I have since been happy. Seagate, Abit and Corsair have all been great experiences.

Back