Bought a iPod Video. Case?

dchrsf

Gawd
Hey guys, I just wanted to start by saying I dont come into the apple section much, but would like to get to hangout a little more in here now that I have (or will) own apple product, so I hope I will fit in ;)

Since when I come home from school tomorrow the iPod will be comming, I want to find a case asap as I dont like scratches on new things. Not totally sure how bad the thing scratches and how fast, but I dont want to really find out. I was looking at Countour iSee Video so I can see the thing and not cover it up, but I wanted some opinions on some other cases you guys may have. I have ordered the Black 30gb video, and I really like the appearance of it so unless its a really nice case, I dont want to cover it up. I dont really have any price limit, but I can't see spending over 40 or 50 for a case... I need to save for a nice car!! Anyways, I'll look at anything anyone shoots at me.

Pics would be really nice. Thanks guys, off to finish homework early so I can play with my new toy(s) tomorrow! I appreciate it; All opinions welcome!

Thanks alot, I really like that! I dont like the idea of added bulk of a case, so this is perfect. Those videos were really good too.

I'm going to post some pics somewhere down the line when I buy this.

I have the Contour Showcase for my 80GB iPod Video. It's nice, but it shows finger prints and lint ALL THE TIME!! It becomes distracting to watch videos, because I'm constantly cleaning the outside of the case in order to get a good view of what I'm watching. Hopefully, I can get one of those Vaja leather cases, but they cost in the excess of $70 which is ALOT. :(

I've got my eye on one of these once I get some free money: http://cgi.ebay.com/198-New-Auth-Co...28941973QQihZ019QQcategoryZ1063QQcmdZViewItem

Also, the $99 Apple leather case is really great, that is if you can find one for around $30. It's slim, looks great, and is fairly high quality. The retail price is insane though..

I had an invisible shield clone made by Belkin, and it was quite hard to install without having any bubbles. The real deal may be different, I dunno.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I bought myself an evo3 case, hasn't scratched my ipod one bit. It's not bad at all to throw in your pocket, but of course there is an added size. The click wheel protection is a bit annoying at first, too.

I got just a simple silicone rubber skin. Very nice. And covered the screen with a screen protector.

I have the showcase for my 60gb video and love it, it shows some fingerprints and dust, but other than that it is great.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm gonna consider all of them better now that I actually have the unit. See for yourself..oh, and I havent even used it for more than 1 min because a 20gb music transfer takes some time ;) I really need tuesday (paycheck time) to roll on by again :)

I like it already though!

I had a Contour Showcase and returned it because there was a defect in the plastic (made the screen look like there was oil underneath, rainbow effect). Moved onto an Agent18 case. very good case but leaves the bottom unprotected.

I'm now using one of these. They're almost exactly the same as invisibleshield (different cut for the back piece, but same material). AND they cost 1/5 the price!
http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/the-Apple-iPod-cln-iPod-Video-5G/Categories

PS: I'm using this on a Black 80gb iPod.

Back