Borderlands Pre-Sequel...struggling to continue

st4rk

Gawd
Playing through single player, not interested in playing online with strangers in coop.

I'm level 16 so far. The game just seems so...slow. Traveling is annoying, the quests seem to take forever to finish with not much reward. Your character runs really slow (I'm Wilhelm).

Does the game pick up at all? It also seems like I've been fighting the same exact enemies over and over again.

It's also kinda disappointing that Wilhelm only has one special ability and it's just "meh". The cooldown is pretty good and I can frequently use it, but that's it. I wish there were more special abilities to use. Maybe I haven't studied his skill trees deep enough to get excited, but with this games slow pacing I'm wondering if I'll ever get to the bottom of a skill tree.

I lost interest in this faster than I did BL1 and 2 so I wouldn't think much of it. The studio closed which should tell you a lot.

That Claptastic DLC was pretty good, though.

Most reviews arent that positive. I remember a review saying it doesn't get better

Last edited:
Most reviews arent that positive. I remember a review saying it doesn't get better

Part of this game's problem is that I think a lot of people, including myself, are burned out on Borderlands or close to it.

3 needs to be something special, fresh, and take things to the next level.

I've played and finished all the Borderlands and my biggest gripe was that doing SP like you, I got very few good loot drops. You're almost required to do CO-OP to kill some of the Level 50 monsters where the good loot drops are. If not, it takes forever grinding to level-up and kill them.

Part of this game's problem is that I think a lot of people, including myself, are burned out on Borderlands or close to it.

yup, they need a bioshock infinite release. Something fun and fresh feeling that keeps the base game mechanics and gives you something new

They need to stop releasing so many DLC and game packs back to back to back, I can't keep up with it. That and Multiplayer is a cluster, it's painful to find a fun party that isn't just afk talking with each other. I lost interesst after a playthrough of BL2, didn't even pick this one up.

They need a HL2 jump.

Couldnt get past the second one......booooooring.

Too many fetch quests. :eek:

I put 80 hours into BL1. 200 into BL2. But put down pre sequel after 30 hours many months ago. It didn't seem unique enough and it was slow to travel around

I'm still waiting for the core game + DLC package to be under $20. Not there yet.

BL2 is even more boring, if you can believe it

TPS single player is actually much better. But there is nothing to do endgame

It's also kinda disappointing that Wilhelm only has one special ability and it's just "meh". The cooldown is pretty good and I can frequently use it, but that's it. I wish there were more special abilities to use. Maybe I haven't studied his skill trees deep enough to get excited, but with this games slow pacing I'm wondering if I'll ever get to the bottom of a skill tree.

Here's some Wilhelm vanilla endgame footage of the 2 main builds that I liked; from the first week of release after many late nights, but will show how exciting he can play as. My favorite is actually Athena. Didn't play the level expansions

Here's some Wilhelm vanilla endgame footage of the 2 main builds that I liked; from the first week of release after many late nights, but will show how exciting he can play as. My favorite is actually Athena. Didn't play the level expansions

I'm still plugging away at the game and some of the later abilities in Wilhem's tree look like it will spice up gameplay.

I'm starting to get more into the story actually.

I think Borderlands is a franchise that proves that sometimes less is more. Asking full price for what is essentially a DLC turned me off. Might pick it up once it hits 5 dollars on steam.

I was kind of worried that this might happen just with this particular iteration. I still play BL1 and BL2 with my kids, and we have a blast. I've got hundreds of hours into both, and we always manage to find something fun to do in them. They were worth the $ for all the licenses I bought for my family/friends. I still haven't picked up TPS yet, because I just don't get the feeling it's in the same class as the others. It's one game that I'm just holding off for the right sale price, especially since I'll need to buy at least 3-4 copies to make it worthwhile. I typically don't hold out for huge sales, but this is a case where I just think it's a better idea to weigh the investment a bit more carefully. I know I'll enjoy it a bit, but I'm fairly certain not on the scale of BL1 and BL2 which were worth every cent.

TPS is honestly a huge DLC, and priced pretty much as such. getting it cheap(ish) I have zero regrets.

Back