Borderlands 3rd DLC preview vid

The other two packs didn't seem worthwhile, especially the second one, this one actually looks worth picking up.

The other two packs didn't seem worthwhile, especially the second one, this one actually looks worth picking up.

The zombie one was IMO. I can easily recommend it along side this forthcoming one. If anything, I'd wait for this to come out, get it first, get the benefit of the level cap being raise and such and THEN get the zombie DLC. :)

The zombie one was IMO. I can easily recommend it along side this forthcoming one. If anything, I'd wait for this to come out, get it first, get the benefit of the level cap being raise and such and THEN get the zombie DLC. :)

I agree,

The zombie island was pretty damn fun as it introduced a brand new color palette to the game and an interesting change of plot and scenery from the main game. Im eager to get this new one as well

I agree,

The zombie island was pretty damn fun as it introduced a brand new color palette to the game and an interesting change of plot and scenery from the main game. Im eager to get this new one as well

It's too bad they didn't put a level cap raise out right away because the action in the Zombie DLC is hot, fast, and furious and the treasure hunting is pretty good as well. I went into it as a level 50 and I know I'd have gone up several levels easy in that thing if I'd been able to.

One day I'll beat the Moxxi DLC to get my 2 skill points.... lol

One day I'll beat the Moxxi DLC to get my 2 skill points.... lol

My skill points were maxed out a long time ago. I don't think I'll ever bother finishing Moxxi. It just isn't worth it, especially with the level 50 cap which, thanks to your help, I reached quite a while back as well. :)

I really think they ought to raise the cap to at least 100 if not higher. Give the real hardcore grinders something to shoot for. ;)

My skill points were maxed out a long time ago. I don't think I'll ever bother finishing Moxxi. It just isn't worth it, especially with the level 50 cap which, thanks to your help, I reached quite a while back as well. :)

I really think they ought to raise the cap to at least 100 if not higher. Give the real hardcore grinders something to shoot for. ;)

I quit playing games for a stint when I couldn't figure out why my computer hard crashed without a BSOD when I played games. It looked like I forced a shutdown because on restarting, the computer wouldn't do the scan thing.

Yesterday I decided to pop open the case and leave it open; sure enough it was overheating.

It's gonna suck trying to find level 61 weapons, but if the video is true, than it'll be fun trying to solo the endboss who is level 64. :D

About Mad Moxxi, is it 2 total skill points or is it 2 skill points per playthrough for a total of 4? 4 + 11 from new DLC would sorta make sense, since that's 15, meaning you can max out 3 other skills.

I get the hate for Underdome Riot, but Dr. Ned's was pretty damn fun. So many enemies, new areas, and an entertaining story. The finale was anticlimactic but the rest was a hoot.

I get the hate for Underdome Riot, but Dr. Ned's was pretty damn fun. So many enemies, new areas, and an entertaining story. The finale was anticlimactic but the rest was a hoot.

The finale was the only weakness in the entire thing easily.

This new DLC can't come out fast enough. My trigger finger is feeling itchy. :D

More info taken from 87bazillion or whatever that website is.

"On Friday, the internet unleashed a barrage of Videos and previews for the upcoming 3rd DLC “The Secret Armory of General Knoxx”. We went through and compiled all the information into what you need to know. Check after the jump for the breakdown and all the videos and new screenshots.

* No release date yet. ”Very Very Soon”
* 10 bucks – Standard DLC price
* The level cap has been confirmed at 61. Turning it up by 11
* Skill points will accumulate from all 11 levels.
* Weapon Proficiencies are not raised
* You can play in first playthrough or second.
* There are 44 new missions
* There are 10 new achievements for 250 more Gamerscore. Check them all out HERE
* There are new weapons, and a new weapon coloring called “pearlescent”
* New weapons go up to level 60
* A level 64 boss enemy “Crawmerax the Invincible” appears after you complete the main story, and has a higher pearlescent drop rate.
* People without the DLC will be able to see the new items from friends, but not use them.
* NPCs now have better, more lifelike animations.
* The DLC continues the story of Borderlands, picking up right after the ending.
* The new area is called “The Parched Fathoms” and is a dried out lake. Dry, sandy, more of the same
* The Atlas Corporation is pissed at you, and sends the Crimson Lance after you. Expect lots more Lance battles.
* The goal is to get to the Armory and defeat General Knoxx
* Athena is a Crimson Lance defector that helps you similar to the guardian angel
* Scooter and Marcus return, as well as Moxxi from DLC2
* There are three new vehicles, all earned through quests.
* Vehicles only work in the new DLC, you can’t take them to other areas
* One is a 4-person vehicle called “The Lancer”. The positions are Driver, Gunner, Mine-layer, and a “Blast Seat” to knock off close range enemies.
* A second is “The Monster” and is a “souped up version of the runner”
* Third vehicle is a racer built for speed.
* There are “20-30 new enemies”. I figure this means 8 or 9 all with variations.
* “Lance Assasins” are one new enemy. Fast acrobatic ninjas with swords.
* “Lance Probe” is a flying sentry enemy and poses higher threats to vehicles
* “Lance Combat Medic” new enemy can throw down healing turret to heal other enemies.
* “Lance Rocketeer” is a jetpack-equipped flying asshole. Oh noes.
* “Lance Shock Trooper” uses shock weapons and is resistant to shock element.
* “Lance Pyro” has a flamethrower, resistant to fire element.
* All new enemies have Badass variations
* New chest variations are available
* Lance Chest is twice the size of Red Chests, and have a higher chance for the best drops
* New “Drifter” enemy looks just like a HL2 walker. Dangerous to vehicles.
* Midgets have domesticated skags and now ride them
* Riders are two enemies in one. Kill one, the other must be killed as well.
* “Badass Skag Rider” = Badass Skag + Badass Midget. Run.
* “Skag Rapporee” is an Alpha Skagg with THREE midgets riding it. Yes.
* “Devastator” enemy is a large mech. Looks tough.
* One boss is named “Ajax”, flies on a jetpack.
"

I'm still working on getting my second skill point from p2 for Moxxi..still have to beat two arenas...such a pain.

I've taken a break by playing Bioshock 2 and Mass Effect 2. Finishing off Moxxi will get me back in the groove. ;)

Time for me to grab the ol' faithful 273 x 7 Savage Equalizer and finish up Moxxi to get primed for this. :D

I am currently stuck on the Zombie Island. Are you supposed to complete all the missions before you can leave the island?

On one mission, I go to the place on the map where there is supposed to be a recording and there isn't one but the little indicator says there is.

And nothing works in the transfer station, so my only character is stuck there.

I am currently stuck on the Zombie Island. Are you supposed to complete all the missions before you can leave the island?

On one mission, I go to the place on the map where there is supposed to be a recording and there isn't one but the little indicator says there is.

And nothing works in the transfer station, so my only character is stuck there.
You should be able to use the fast travel station at the beginning of the area to move to a different location. If you're having trouble, just exit the game, go back in, and you'll respawn right there.

Extending the game's 'main quest' is always a great idea. I haven't actually played it yet, but Broken Steel, for Fallout 3, seems to be the most beloved of the 5 DLCs released by Bethesda.

The only problem with extending the game like this is that, for some of us, as we grow older, it becomes more and more difficult to remember what the game was all about. If the developer doesn't explain things (and usually they don't) then sometimes you just end up feeling like an idiot for not knowing what the hell is going on.

Honestly, when I read the Wikipedia entry for Mass Effect, to refresh my memory before playing Mass Effect 2, I sat there thinking... say what... when did all this happen... I don't remember any of this?

Do you have to have the previous DLC's to play it? Do you have to have the Previous DLC's to attain the lvl 61 cap?

Do you have to have the previous DLC's to play it? Do you have to have the Previous DLC's to attain the lvl 61 cap?

Only need this new DLC for the new lvl cap. Don't need Zombie Island or Underdome (IMO Zombie Island is worth it though)

Only need this new DLC for the new lvl cap. Don't need Zombie Island or Underdome (IMO Zombie Island is worth it though)

Sweet!, Time to get my feet out of the dirt and CATCHA RIDE WITH THA SCOOTER MAN!:D

I'll check out Zombie Ned too.

So when we buy the new DLC, can we only get to level 61 if we are playing in the new DLC? Or once we buy it, can we go back into the vanilla BL and get past level 50 that way?

So when we buy the new DLC, can we only get to level 61 if we are playing in the new DLC? Or once we buy it, can we go back into the vanilla BL and get past level 50 that way?

It applies to the entire game immediately. You can go anywhere you want and enjoy having the level cap raised.

Frankly, I thought 50 was too low to begin with and I'm not sure this is high enough, either.

I would have gone to at least a 100 if I were 2k and possibly even higher than that.

Why?

There are some people that play this thing like a hardcore MMO and they'll smoke up to 61 at the drop of a hat, especially playing online with others.

This is awesome. Well worth it. Huge, full of new goodies, more of everything fans of Borderlands crave.

I came in at level 50 and got my ass handed to me pretty quick by a "common enemy" pretty early on so that ought to tell you what's in store. ;)

I will have to load this up when I get home, looks like just what the doctor ordered.

this DLC is hard o_O

No kidding. You run into a level 61 enemy pretty early and fast in the new area and if you're coming in like I suspect most people are 50...you're getting your ass kicked. It's that simple. ;)

Awesome. I am looking forward to finding out details for this text mentioned on that page: "A brand new class of ultra-rare/kick-ass weapon".

Any word yet? My guess is for the Alien "shotgun" type weapon that came in three varieties; Flame, electricity, and poison goo. Pretty sure it was never in the game, but we had to figure out it was there/how to use it with hexing saves.

It would be interesting if they actually *added* something though.

Back