Bootcamp Windows7 ventrilo

syn3rgyz

Gawd
im just curious if anyone else has this problem or has a solution.
I boot into windows 7 and my mic works for everything (tried recording my voice with sound recorder). Even on ventrilo when I use test the microphone in setup it detects my voice, but other ppl can't hear me in ventrilo, I made sure i was using the right settings and I tried every other possible settings too with outbound set to max. Also my mic ingame for CS doesnt work either

It is very annoying playing CS with my friends without being able to talk.

hmm double-check all your audio settings in windows. If possible, install the mac version of vent and test it out on there. I think the server needs to be using a particular codec though for the mac os client.

have you tried any other servers that use different codecs? It seems like your problem lies with ventrilo alone.

Yea, this doesn't sound like it has anything to do with it being a Mac or being Windows 7. Sounds like a Vent issue to me.

yes i have vent on OSX and it works, i know the audio settings in windows are fine because i can record my own voice... and the test input works in ventrilo too its just when i talk it doesnt work

Okay, so your hardware checks out it seems. Could be a driver issue in Win 7 or a Vent issue. You said it doesn't work in CS either, the only place you know it works is in vent setup and in windows?

I would try a different version of the vent client and/or uninstall/reinstall your audio drivers, find and older or newer one if that doesn't work.

You may try launching Vent as an administrator (right click on Vent icon -> Run as administrator). I had to do this to get vent to continue working after I swap back into World of Warcraft.

Other than that, check your recording device properties. (right click speaker icon in the systray -> Recording devices -> Microphone -> Properties button) Check things like the microphone boost and such.

Back