Boned :(

Nasty_Savage

Fully [H]
I bought a Q9550 (95 Watts) to replace the aging Conroe to hold out long enough for the socket 2011 to be released. The Asus board I have posts at 2.8 stock but then drops to 2.2 then stays there. I read a few reports this chip will work in the board but I cant seem to get it there after initial post...

...so, if anyone has any thoughts (Bios 3001) on getting it to work, i'd appreciate it...

...otherwise, a little iSpy advice on a cheap motherboard (i really hate this board, took a long time to stabelize it) that will take 4 DDR2 Dimms that's not a refurb. Honestly, the headaches have turned me off to Asus, but the only thing I can find is an Asus nForce 750i that would hold me over. Prefer not to drop 100 bucks on it though if possible. Any other reccomendations? I may just let it ride, but if there's a cheap alternative...I'm all ears, errr eyes...

I bought a Q9550 (95 Watts) to replace the aging Conroe to hold out long enough for the socket 2011 to be released. The Asus board I have posts at 2.8 stock but then drops to 2.2 then stays there. I read a few reports this chip will work in the board but I cant seem to get it there after initial post...

...so, if anyone has any thoughts (Bios 3001) on getting it to work, i'd appreciate it...

...otherwise, a little iSpy advice on a cheap motherboard (i really hate this board, took a long time to stabelize it) that will take 4 DDR2 Dimms that's not a refurb. Honestly, the headaches have turned me off to Asus, but the only thing I can find is an Asus nForce 750i that would hold me over. Prefer not to drop 100 bucks on it though if possible. Any other reccomendations? I may just let it ride, but if there's a cheap alternative...I'm all ears, errr eyes...

How about this one?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157175

/slaps self in head

How the hell did I miss that one? Newegg search fail :( The number of DOA's in the reviews are a little concerning though...

I think I remember reading somewhere that 1/2 multipliers are not supported...you might try o/c the RAM to get your "lost" mhz....

get something for $40 in fs/ft? either that or the p5q pro turbo above. my p5q pro was great.

If you are talking about the P5W-DH Deluxe in your sig there is a new bios available and a BETA above that one.

It sounds like you have power savings turned on in your BIOS but that was/is a great over clocker of a board.

Try this link:

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx

Upper right corner enter your model number, select your board from the choices presented then select your OS from the drop down. All the drivers are there and many are very current updates.

Google overclocking your board number, tons of good info.

Luck

ha, that P5Q Turbo sold, likely because of this thread. Good price

OP, do you have EIST and C1E turned off?

Yep (that's the execute disable and speedstep right?), according to what I read...the 'half step' multiplier problem is supposed to be rectified with 'auto settings...I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to overclocking, been many years...

If you are talking about the P5W-DH Deluxe in your sig there is a new bios available and a BETA above that one.

It sounds like you have power savings turned on in your BIOS but that was/is a great over clocker of a board.

Try this link:

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx

Upper right corner enter your model number, select your board from the choices presented then select your OS from the drop down. All the drivers are there and many are very current updates.

Google overclocking your board number, tons of good info.

Luck

thanks Bill, was already running 3001...Beta is 3002. Don't see anything that specifies against this issue with the beta unless there's some undocumented fixes. Guess I'll give it a whack...

Back