Blackberry Bold and T-Mobile

bigk

2[H]4U
So I am very close to getting an unlocked Bold to use with T-Mobile, does anybody have experience with how Edge/3G works from a non-ATT carrier?

Thanks

Even if you do get 3g coverage where you live, you wont be able to get 3g on the bold, t-mobiles 3g uses a different band, so youll be stuck on edge, and thats painfully slow....id stay with ATT, but thats because ive always trusted them and always get coverage with them.

on the other hand, your battery life will be higher (no 3g to drain it), and your bill will be lower with T-mobile.

I'd just wait and get a Curve 8900 if you don't need 3G. Better screen and more flash memory. Also, this is just a preference, but I like the form factor more than the Bold.

Even if you do get 3g coverage where you live, you wont be able to get 3g on the bold, t-mobiles 3g uses a different band, so youll be stuck on edge, and thats painfully slow....id stay with ATT, but thats because ive always trusted them and always get coverage with them.

I'm intrigued then because I know of 2 people who have Unlocked iPhones who get 3G from T-Mobile.

on the other hand, your battery life will be higher (no 3g to drain it), and your bill will be lower with T-mobile.

Battery life wasn't too much of a reason to switch, but thanks.

I'd just wait and get a Curve 8900 if you don't need 3G. Better screen and more flash memory. Also, this is just a preference, but I like the form factor more than the Bold.

I absolutely loved the Bold when I saw it, though bigger screen size is compelling.

Well I was getting the Bold at a good price($325), but I think I'll pass on it for now unless somebody posts compelling argument for me to switch.

Thanks

I'm intrigued then because I know of 2 people who have Unlocked iPhones who get 3G from T-Mobile.

Eh..

GSM 850 / GSM 900 / GSM 1800 / GSM 1900

T-Mobile uses 1700/2100 for their 3G if I'm not mistaken. Basically, it's not possible.

Eh..

GSM 850 / GSM 900 / GSM 1800 / GSM 1900

T-Mobile uses 1700/2100 for their 3G if I'm not mistaken. Basically, it's not possible.

Interesting, I guess they're BSing.

Good to know.

yes, they are bsing, the 3g tmobile uses is different, thus even unlocked g1 cannot use att's 3g network

Back