black screen

mijreb

n00b
Recently my rig has shut down while under load. When playing pc game or watching Netflix. I have a long hdmi cable running from my n460gtx to my flat screen tv. Everything will be working fine when all of a sudden the screen goes black and the computer seems to freeze. The fans are still running but I get nothing happening so I have to restart. Same happens with games. When I take the card out and hook the monitor to the onboard gpu it does not happen. I have been using the system for three years with the problems being just recent. I have an ocz 600w psu.

Recently my rig has shut down while under load. When playing pc game or watching Netflix. I have a long hdmi cable running from my n460gtx to my flat screen tv. Everything will be working fine when all of a sudden the screen goes black and the computer seems to freeze. The fans are still running but I get nothing happening so I have to restart. Same happens with games. When I take the card out and hook the monitor to the onboard gpu it does not happen. I have been using the system for three years with the problems being just recent. I have an ocz 600w psu.

Have you got another cable you can test with the card to your monitor? DVI or VGA?

I use DVI and pc games cause the same type of crash. I am thinking psu or gsu

Have you tried changing the power options to to high performance? Maybe your PC is entering sleep mode and not coming back up?

Back