Black Friday 2006 Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
GooG said:
Staples has 1gb sticks of PNY pc3200 for 39.99
200gb 7200rpm for 19.99

looks nice to me but no staples near me and i need that ram ><><

hopefully its online deal aswell.

The adscan I'm looking at has 1gb of pc3200 for $89.98 after rebate. Not hot at all.

Best buy is going to have a 32" Westinghouse LCD HDTV for $479, I think I might buy one for my room :D

BEST BUY QUESTION

Could I buy the 32 Inch Westy TV for $900 right now and then go in on black friday for a price match and get the price adjusted to $470? :)

Hulk said:
Could I buy the 32 Inch Westy TV for $900 right now and then go in on black friday for a price match and get the price adjusted to $470? :)

I seriously doubt it, cause then, I would goto every store a week before hand and get what I want. Then show up after the crowds to get my money back for price matching.

Ok... the Toshiba DLP projector on the Best Buy PDF, page 11. I'm trying to look up that particular model and having no luck. Other sites are linking me to the TDP-T9U, I would suppose because it has the same picture. Can anybody give me either some reassurance that this is the T9U or give me a link to another model that it could be?

Hulk said:
BEST BUY QUESTION

NO ;)

im excited to camp too... ive got my laptop and work gave me verizon wireless internet (like cell phone) but high speed :) ill be surfing for a while to pass the time

I remember that last year walmart was pricematching, do you know if they are this year as well?

Man.. I wish I had people to camp with.. Even though I really dont want to buy anything, I just want to camp out in front of a store and experience what thats like!

Anybody in michigan camping out? :D

Astrogiblet said:
Man.. I wish I had people to camp with.. Even though I really dont want to buy anything, I just want to camp out in front of a store and experience what thats like!

nerdiest... thing... ever. ;) :p

There seems to be no information out on the westy w3213 LCD besides what is on the Best Buy website. Does anyone know if this has a QAM tuner like the 32w6 does?

Astrogiblet said:

Where in MI?

I probably wont be since I didn't see anything to exiting I needed. I might try for the HDD at Staples online if I can though.

I am definately camping out for the Wesinghouse 32" and the Camcorder for $180. I also gotta pick up some CD-R's, just haven't gotten around to seeing which store I can get like 100 for $10.

jabronidan said:
I am definately camping out for the Wesinghouse 32" and the Camcorder for $180. I also gotta pick up some CD-R's, just haven't gotten around to seeing which store I can get like 100 for $10.

BB is selling DVD-Rs for 5 bucks :D

Yeah I'll probably pick up those DVD-R's, then I'll drive over to Staples and pick up the HP 100 pack of cd's.

Forgot to mention I will be camping out at the NYC Best Buy in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.

Hulk said:
BEST BUY QUESTION

it will vary....But i would bet my job that if you bought it, and then went int DURRING THE SALE they would pricematch you. You can only pricematch an item WHILE it's on sale....so durring the 7hr sale they would probably do it once you bitch enough.

I wouldn't like that pricematch at my store, but i would have to do it. My Managers would probably try to say no....but there isn't anything in the pricematching policy that would deny you.

if they wont pricematch it, return it. I hate to say it because BB has been good to me, but i know there are some sketchy GM's out there who are assholes and do unethical things.

I said that, BUT!!!! It would be just as unethical to KNOWINGLY do this and try to pricematch when you got the ad early. So give it a try.....but dont bitch too hard if they dont let you pricematch it, because thats them rightly smelling a rat.

how long until u can price match for, i just bought the 940mw a month ago for 360, and now its said to be 130 on black friday!? so does anyone noe?

I think you can come back and return it, and then buy it again right then and there. Can anyone confirm this?

jabronidan said:
I think you can come back and return it, and then buy it again right then and there. Can anyone confirm this?

No we can't confirm it. It's YMMV. You might get a PM you might not.

AssMan said:
No we can't confirm it. It's YMMV. You might get a PM you might not.

If they were smart, they'd be mysteriously out of stock of all the black friday deals until that day.

Thats what I was thinking - I bet that 32 inch westy is somehow "out of stock" until BF. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What do u guys think about 22" Samsung 225BW LCD for $279 after $150 in rebates from CC? Worth the rebates hassle?

amdmaxx said:
What do u guys think about 22" Samsung 225BW LCD for $279 after $150 in rebates from CC? Worth the rebates hassle?

Definately. I payed $300 for my 205bw (20 incher), and I absolutely love it. Samsung makes the best monitors in the world, lcd and crt.

This thing is AMAZING.

what time will the best buys be opening? should i just call my local store and ask? might stop @ CC too, that add says 5am

so you think 1-2am is a good time to start waiting in line?

Also what do you guys usually do..ok let's say your number 20 in line, which is good but you can easily get messed up by going through the door and going to the wrong aisle/area of the store...I want to know like where the monitor are and stuff, lol I should call them up or visit before hand so I know where the products I want are..

Are most black friday deals on normal shelving or they put them on big displays throughout the store?

I would suggest going there beforehand... they may even have little maps of the store near the front so you can plan your route.

I want to bite on that evga 7600gt at circuit city but waiting for that rebate to come in, the price will have dropped by then.

I also wish the pny memory would just have gone to 40-50% because for 100 a stick i know i can get better.

Definitly getting

BestBuy
BF2142

I'll be camping CC for sure for the sub (CC has a Polk 10" for $100, BB has a no-brand-specified 10" for $200), but probably will be hitting Staples for that RAM. PC3200 DDR1 right? Time to stop being picky about CAS latencies for my aging Northwood. :)

I wish we would see some more laptop deals. Nothing really amazing so far. At this point I think im gonna camp a PS3 and flip it for a nice laptop.

d.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back