black case

Nexrus

Limp Gawd
So I bought the antec 900 and attempted to paint the inside black.... it looked great until I started putting the parts in and now its scratched all over with silver spots showing through. I know it's kind of silly but this bugs me. It bugs me so much that I've decided to buy a case that's already black on the inside. The only problem is that I've only found one case thats black on the inside... the antec 1200 (which I think is to big)

I'd much appreciate it if you guys could suggest some cases that are already painted on the inside. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.

Antec P182se (the one that is a mirror finish on the outside. it's black on the inside)

2nd on the powder coated idea. I agree with you that the 1200 is too big, but I'm also not a fan of the Antec P182se's mirror finish.

Yeah I really like the P182's look but I hate the mirror finish.

And I've already attempted to paint the cast black. Will that ahve an effect on powder coating? and who would I even get to do that? body shop?

The paint will have to be cleaned from the case before powder coating. Usually the coaters will provide the service for an additional fee (I'd say maybe $75 at most). Search google for powder coaters in your area (i.e. I live close to Atlanta, so I would search for powder coaters in Atlanta). Then, compare prices and contact the service provider.

Powder coating is much more durable than paint, but can still be scratched, especially on high pressure (relative) metal on metal areas; think the case side's latching system.

...with this being known, a good, durable finish can still be acheived with off-the-shelf materials, and good procedure...

now-2.jpg

/whore-dustsucks

Back