BIOS can't see my raid0 raptors....

TimmerUK

n00b
Help, I have a FB75G2 I have installed the RAID config and striped the raptors. Back in the BIOS I cannot see them when I set the IDE config to Raid. Anyone out there got any suggections please post

just the fact you were able to set them up should mean they are enabled by the bios. Often times there isnt a definate 'sata raid' boot option. However, as long as you have the 'boot other devices' option enabled, there shouldnt be a problem. Or choose the scsi boot option.

unfortunately there is no rhyme or reason to the various BIOS RAID boot schemes, carefully review the mobo manual, the RAID manual (if seperate) and try to find someone with the same mobo\BIOS

sorry I cant be more help, as mentioned try SCSI, other devices (and hopefully there isnt an OS installed on anything higher in the scan order) and options like enable IDE Manager, also check the RAID BIOS for a bootable option

Thanks for your replies I think I have names the Raid with too long a name. I reset it, to a shorter name, in the Intel Raidcfg.exe and that sorted the problem.

Back