BIOS 0403 - Z690 Bios Related Issues?

localhost

n00b
- Asus Rog Strix Z690-F (stock bios version 0403)
- T Force Delta RGB DDR5-6200 (2x16GB)

1) Anyone ever had experiences and the same issues with this BIOS version 0403? What can I do to fix it? - Having issues when the power is off and upon turning on the computer it will restart/shut off one time then turn back on, after that it will stay on. It only happens when I power off and turn it back on.

2) I am scared to update the BIOS because I heard you can brick the motherboard. Does this mean once the motherboard is bricked I cannot get it back to working state by myself? What are the causes of bios update bricking?

3) If I plan to update my BIOS what version should I update to that will be stable and no issues with XMP with my memory?

If you update the BIOS go for the latest non beta version, chances of bricking it are pretty small unless you have a lot of power issues in your house.

As for the rebooting the stock BIOS' are prone to some issues which an update could fix,

If you brick it there are things you can do to fix it but it will require special hardware you would have to buy to flash the BIOS chip trough a seperate device but it's pretty unlikely you would need to do this.

Just update the bios to the latest non-beta available. It's not hard to do, and chances are you will fix your issues since the board is so new.

Back