Big increase from Audigy XGamer to Audigy 2 ZS?

rusty

Limp Gawd
I am debating weither or not to upgrade my soundcard, audigy xgamer, to the audigy 2 zs. I just recently got the Kilpsch 5.1 ultras and monter cable, so was wondering if i should go ahead and upgrade my soundcard too. Is there a big jump in performance between the two cards? Whats new that the audigy 2 zs offers? Any help would be appreciated.

-Ty

How about you stop sending IM's to people and start posting your information here for everyone else who has the same question not have to ask it twice.

As for a jump in "performance", hardly if you mean in terms of FPS gain or whatever, but QUALITY, yes, there is a jump in quality between the two. The A2ZS offers 2 more channels (up to 7.1), better drivers, and better sound quality.

Originally posted by Duck-BOT
How about you stop sending IM's to people and start posting your information here for everyone else who has the same question not have to ask it twice.
Why?
Who wants to read a baseless, second hand recommendation of a product he has never used?
All that would do is prompt even more ownership from the you, me, and others. :D

Rusty, buy the new sound card you won't be sorry. ;)

I'm getting ready to buy the Audigy 2 ZS right now. If you buy it you get 5 full games free.

Anyway, my question is on the shuttle SN41G2, can I still connect the front headphone jack so it goes through the audigy 2? I haven't opened up my shuttle in a while.

Originally posted by X86Dude
Why?
Who wants to read a baseless, second hand recommendation of a product he has never used?
All that would do is prompt even more ownership from the you, me, and zachary80. :D

FIXT

He does still have firsthand knowledge though (most likely more than me).

Gluegun, I agree that you should post the information here. :)

Originally posted by odoe
I'm getting ready to buy the Audigy 2 ZS right now. If you buy it you get 5 full games free.

that is if you buy the Audigy 2 ZS Gamer. the regular Audigy 2 ZS is $89 on newegg. the Audigy 2 ZS Gamer is $132, also at newegg.

Back