BFG = Real customer support

tranCendenZ

2[H]4U
Very impressed with BFG's customer support so far. I've been discussing an obscure multisampling AA bug in some scene demos by FR, and I've actually been talking to someone who knows their stuff. No generic messages, no "defraggle your motherdisk" etc, bfg actually has real life human beings who are very helpful in trying to resolve all types of problems. This particular individual is named Shiloh M. Good stuff :)

Heck, I was even unexpectedly emailed by BFG days later when the official 61.76 drivers came out, because they wanted to let me know I should try them in case it fixed this odd bug in the demo.

Nothing against the folks at BFG, but I hope I never have to find out how good or bad they are. :)

CIWS said:
Nothing against the folks at BFG, but I hope I never have to find out how good or bad they are. :)

Agreed, but I'm happy with my new video card thus far. (BFG 6800 GT OC)

Ya they're really great. I bought a BFG 6800GT OC and it was DOA. Well, it worked one time, then I rebooted and my computer wouldn't start with the card :(. They tried to help me out and the guy really knew his stuff. This was all at 4 am too!

I also like that they'll recommend stuff like downloading beta drivers - most companies won't do that crap. They'll even void your warranty if you tell them you did it. Anyways I've RMA'd the card and it should arrive next week. Hopefully I won't have to call them up again.

OriginalReaper said:
That defraggle your motherdisk bit cracked me up :D

QFT

Well after posting in this thread I was inspired to call them to check on the status of my RMA. I don't know what was up but it seems they put their crapstaff on duty tonight. I talked to 3 people who all had no idea what was going on.

I know my card was received on Wednesday because I tracked it with UPS. I also know they got it because they left a message on my phone yesterday telling me they needed my shipipng address to send out my card. When I called and gave them that information they told me it'd ship out yesterday or today.

Fast forward to just now: I was told they don't have any 6800 GT OCs in stock, they don't know if my card was received and they don't know when it's going to ship out. I was also put on hold for 5-10 minutes each time I called basically to be told they don't know where my card is (either the one I sent or the one that is to replace it).

I'm really dissapointed in this sudden change of customer service from them. There's nothing like spending ~$500 on a card, over night shipping, shipping BACK to them because the card was RMA'd and then being told they don't know where all the money you've spent has gone. :rolleyes:

Memo said:
Well after posting in this thread I was inspired to call them to check on the status of my RMA. I don't know what was up but it seems they put their crapstaff on duty tonight. I talked to 3 people who all had no idea what was going on.

I know my card was received on Wednesday because I tracked it with UPS. I also know they got it because they left a message on my phone yesterday telling me they needed my shipipng address to send out my card. When I called and gave them that information they told me it'd ship out yesterday or today.

Fast forward to just now: I was told they don't have any 6800 GT OCs in stock, they don't know if my card was received and they don't know when it's going to ship out. I was also put on hold for 5-10 minutes each time I called basically to be told they don't know where my card is (either the one I sent or the one that is to replace it).

I'm really dissapointed in this sudden change of customer service from them. There's nothing like spending ~$500 on a card, over night shipping, shipping BACK to them because the card was RMA'd and then being told they don't know where all the money you've spent has gone. :rolleyes:

well im having a issue with their gt right now, 3 emails, and zero response, i need to rma, and all i need is a #, but seems like ill have to call, i hate having to call tech for a rma #

eVGA has real customer service also....I got a bad cd with my free Far Cry and I called them up and had a real person on the phone in under 5 minutes. They agreed to send me a new game and I send them the bad one (even though it's Ubi Soft who should fix it) and guess what....THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS IN THE US AND MANNED BY NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKERS!! :eek: :p

I like the bfg 6800gt due to its 24/7 tech and it was availible at FRY's , i mite just end up returning it after doom 3 comes out to see which card is better for it.

KraXed112 said:
I like the bfg 6800gt due to its 24/7 tech and it was availible at FRY's , i mite just end up returning it after doom 3 comes out to see which card is better for it.

Congratulations. You killed whatever this thread had going for it.

NOTD665 said:
Congratulations. You killed whatever this thread had going for it.
Sorry, I meant that in a good way =P Hearing soo many mixed reviews makes me wanna be able to switch at anytime.. i would be if i do replacing the card with the same manufacter which would be bfg.

Back