BFG 6800GT OC Dual Fan

Mojo

[H]ard|Gawd
I was wondering if anyone knows the actually noise level spec on this fan system. I've been looking around for after market coolers (NV Silencer 5, and the Zalman VF700), which have sound ratings of 0.9sone and 18.5dBA respectively.

I was hoping someone could give me a noise level in dBA of the BFG Dual LED fan system on the 6800GT. Just to compare what I have now, and what I will have soon. I need it to be quite a bit quieter than present. Does the BFG Dual LED fan system have around like 30 dBA noise level? Or is it more like 40 dBA?

Im not sure on the actual figure that the Dual fan BFG gives out (i have same card) But i know its damn loud when both fans are whirring. The NV5 is slightly louder than the V700 when the v700 is in quiet mode. and similar in noise level when v700 is at full speed. Either way. Both are ALOT quieter than the behemoth that sits on the BFG, and more efficient :D

I have the dual fan cooler and mine is perfectly quiet. The loudest thing in my computer room is the 55 gallon fishtank.

I'd guess my BFG GT is about 32db at idle, probably 40+ at boot (before the software slows it down). The rest of my system is quiet at ~25db, so I can hear the graphics card. I am looking for a replacement cooling solution for it soon... I like the NV5 since it exhausts the air out of the case.

Back