bfg 295 problem system hang

justin8018

Limp Gawd
i recently upgraded my 9950 be amd to a 920 Phenom II, and also upgraded my 9800gtx+ sli setup for a single 295.
i never had any crashing problems before, but now i cannot play a game for very long before i my entire computer crashes.
i put all my settings in my bios back to stock, and ive tried many configuations.
most of my time the screen will just freeze and sound gets like stuck and repeats it self, and the system hangs, and i get no response from the keyboard or anything.
but.....
i took out the 295 and plugged in my old 9800gtx+ and wallah the problem went away, ive tried many drivers and driver cleaner, i thought it may be the cou, or bios issue, or even psu, but i previously had more power being drown from my previous setup witht the 9950 and the 2x 9800gtx+
should i rma the 295 back to new egg and get a new one? or does my problem lie somewhere else, i dont know if the card is truely defective, or a comaptability issue or what, any suggestions?

My experience with freezes and sound loops has always been a driver issue...but it sounds like you ruled that out..

Does this happen on multiple games or one in particular?
are your GPU temp OK?

tested it on 2 games so far, mirrors edge and nba 2k9, temps are nice, so i shoulndnt rma the card in?

Back