BF2 patch 1.22 out today

v6maro said:
i wish this game was more realistic - one shot one kill to the chest or head. I also wish medics could only revive wounded people. I wish respawn time was set to 2mins. It would actually make people care about thier 'life' and personally i feel the game would be a lot better. But, I know this will never happen so BLAH

You might like Red Orchestra. It's almost more of a war simulator feel. No medics at all. I mean, let's be realistic... if you are down in the battlefield a bandage and a shot of morphine isn't going to get you back into the thick of it.

1.22 Patch

Pros:
P90 is actually useable
The whole standing/prone accuracy is more realistic
The support guns are now only accurate while prone (no more Rambo)

Cons:
Red/Blue name tag bug is worse
I experienced lag on 3 different servers (the servers may not have rebooted after installing the patch)
The GL is back now that the PKM got de-Rambo-fied

v6maro said:
Damnit, why the HELL did they mess with support again
GAY

Because it NEEDED TO. The PKM and the MG36 were way too powerful after the last patch. I don't know how any idiot in their game balance testing didn't catch that but oh well.

Stormlifter said:
This UK one you guys keep talkin' about, can we patch our US copies with it? Why isn't it on EA's US website yet?

You can download it via EA downloader as well. Both the inc. and full.

WhyYouLoveMe said:
1.22 Patch

Pros:
P90 is actually useable
The whole standing/prone accuracy is more realistic
The support guns are now only accurate while prone (no more Rambo)

Cons:
I experienced lag on 3 different servers (the servers may not have rebooted after installing the patch)

So you can shoot grenades at your feet now and have them explode immediately?

Gah, I hated the last patch because of support, and also because whenever I saw a jeep heading towards me and I shot a grenade at it, it just bounced off! :mad:

Kevlarman said:
So you can shoot grenades at your feet now and have them explode immediately?

Gah, I hated the last patch because of support, and also because whenever I saw a jeep heading towards me and I shot a grenade at it, it just bounced off! :mad:

No, I just mean the noobs who used to use the GL constantly switched to the PKM for a time but are now back to the GL. It's just annoying. Not illegal or anything.

WhyYouLoveMe said:
No, I just mean the noobs who used to use the GL constantly switched to the PKM for a time but are now back to the GL. It's just annoying. Not illegal or anything.

Where does the complaining end? This is exactly what it should be, assault should be a powerful and widely played class.

deathBOB said:
Where does the complaining end? This is exactly what it should be, assault should be a powerful and widely played class.

Then I should say the same about YOU.

In reference to what Vista MAY be...
deathBOB said:
I think that it's going to be bloated.

And this is on software you don't even OWN. So I say to you, Bob: Where does the complaining end?

/ownage

:D

I had no new issues with the new patch last night. I found a 24/7 China Wall server running the 32 player map with up to 64 players a side. It was probably more like 45 to 50 total players, and it was a fricken blast! Commander was vocal, I was playing medic and just cleaning up on top of the Wall. We would just roll from tower to tower chucking nades, reviving, sniping. It was completely awesome.

WhyYouLoveMe said:
1.22 Patch

Cons:
LOL I've noticed that too while I was playing last night, but it seems more balanced now, some just stayed with PKMs and others went back to GLs.
Also experienced the lag on more then one server on both vanilla and SF.

This patch fucked my entire BF2 up, now whenever I join a server it gives me the delightful message "This server does not allow users to join with modified content. Please revert your BF2 game back to it's original state".

When I goto reinstall and put the 1.22 patch on, BAM "PATCHING FAILED". I'm down 1 keyboard now.

How is a patch that addresses specific problems going to cause more lag though? Let's be honest here. Isn't it possible that your neighbors were just bogarting more bandwidth from the shared amount than usual? :D

I actually found the red/blue bug to be worse before 1.22. It's only been a couple of days, but in the 5-10 hours i have played so far since the patch, I have yet to encounter that bug. I'm glad the PKM is not so powerful anymore. I still use it a lot but am no longer made fun of for using it.

I'm the Dude said:
How is a patch that addresses specific problems going to cause more lag though? Let's be honest here. Isn't it possible that your neighbors were just bogarting more bandwidth from the shared amount than usual? :D

Actually with my 20Mbit pipe that is HIGHLY unlikely, but thanks for the input :D If what you say was the case, no bug that fixes a specific problem would affect other areas....IE, XP, Office patches anyone...oh yeah...

Back