BF2 Aircraft crashing

solideliquid

Limp Gawd
Has anyone seen this problem in their game?

I am flying around, be it jet OR chopper, sky above ground below, all of a sudden the ground is rushing up to me and I crash.

What is going on? My ping is around 60.

No, in fact I was 50-100 ft up, as much as I can tell in a video game. Then all of a sudden the plane takes a nose dive into the ground or water.

They're really really hard to get the hang of. the only advice is to Lean2play. Practice Practice Practice!!

Maybe I'm not making this clear. I am flying straight. The the ground rushes up to me and I crash, all within the space of a second, I cannot recover. It is as if there is a lag issue.

If you're only 50 feet up, going a few hundred mph in an airplane.. how long do you think it takes to all the sudden hit the ground?

Do you have any graphical problems otherwise?

solideliquid said:
Maybe I'm not making this clear. I am flying straight. The the ground rushes up to me and I crash, all within the space of a second, I cannot recover. It is as if there is a lag issue.
Considering it is BF2 I wouldn't be surprised if it was an error. Have you tried playing in single player to see if it happens? How often does it happen?

Just to be clear: The plane remains level, so it looks like gravity suddenly increased about hundredfold?
(I have no idea since I don't play BF2, but if it helps clarifying the matter ... )

HHunt said:
Just to be clear: The plane remains level, so it looks like gravity suddenly increased about hundredfold?
(I have no idea since I don't play BF2, but if it helps clarifying the matter ... )

Well, it seems like lag. One second I'm looking at the horizon on the way to the US carrier in Omar, and next thing the plane is nosediving into the water.

And no, it only happens online.

solideliquid said:
Well, it seems like lag. One second I'm looking at the horizon on the way to the US carrier in Omar, and next thing the plane is nosediving into the water.

And no, it only happens online.

sounds like dropped packets to me...

Connect to the best ping servers (lower is better, but 0 means the server isn't responding)

Reset router and cable/dsl modem is always a good idea.

Sometimes firmware on your router might have updates and fixes.

I would also make sure NIC drivers aren't corrupt.

Also ethernet cables can have breaks inline or connect to loose wall outlets (if you are using wireless then this is also the reason, switch to a hardline)

J-Mag said:
sounds like dropped packets to me...

Connect to the best ping servers (lower is better, but 0 means the server isn't responding)

Reset router and cable/dsl modem is always a good idea.

Sometimes firmware on your router might have updates and fixes.

I would also make sure NIC drivers aren't corrupt.

Also ethernet cables can have breaks inline or connect to loose wall outlets (if you are using wireless then this is also the reason, switch to a hardline)

What he said.

It also could just be a lag spike. It happens now and then but if every time you're gettin' in a jet you're crashing like you're describing...

Then read the above post. ;)

Packet loss. I am on a lossy connection and I cannot fly whatsoever. I would suggest not even bothering with planes or choppers.

Back