BF:V Patch friday...

Originally posted by HRslammR
why didn't they just wait a week and have this already implemented!?

Blame EA, I bet the devs were pissed right off having to rush it so fast.

If the patch fixes the problems with the graphics and sound like they say it will, BF:V is gonna be great. Now if only they would have taken an extra WEEK and done this before release :rolleyes:

* The M60 (US) machine gun will only be useable while the player is prone.

That's about all I ask. I honestly can't play because the m60 is so dominating. I've been all over UT waiting for this patch.

See!!! All that complaining, and WHAM a patch 2 week after release. Way to go EA!!! :D

Finally a patch. I'm glad. I play the game all the time right now and I'm glad their fixing some issues. I do wish that they'd fix some issues with ID3 tags. When I used MP3s with no ID3 tag, the game crashes up starting a game. I think it should provide a warning or something but it's all good..

* The M60 (US) machine gun will only be useable while the player is prone.

That sucks... I wished they would have simply made the M60 less accurate if you were running with it and maybe slowed the rate of fire just a tad.

yea if they make it so that you can't even fire it when crouching.... i will return this game.... cause that is pure crap, cause next thing you know you gonna have like 8 M60's camping all the time on every server cause they gotta crouch.

Originally posted by shaggymcp
yea if they make it so that you can't even fire it when crouching.... i will return this game.... cause that is pure crap, cause next thing you know you gonna have like 8 M60's camping all the time on every server cause they gotta crouch.

Thats how they are in real life, your are supposed to lay down and camp.

IRL you wouldn't really be able to walk around with one and shot, there would be so much kickback..

Same thing with Wolf: ET, the mobile FG42 (I think thats it) well its the same gun and they make it so your slow and it has incredible kick when walking and firing. they should do that with BFV.

Originally posted by HRslammR
why didn't they just wait a week and have this already implemented!?

Let's just assume that they didn't actually have a patch that would work until now. They woudl have finally had a working product with this patch on Friday Then they have to build a Gold Master CD and send it off and get it produced. At which point it all has to be packaged and shipped and put in a store before you can buy it. This would take much longer than a week.

All you guys seem to do is complain. "why couldn't they jsut wait a week" Is it going to kill you to download an Fing patch? First everybody bitches that the M60 is too strong, and now you bitch that they balanced it out. If you want to run with a high rof gun, go play UT2k4. Jesus christ EA could make this game do absolutely everything you all want and you'd find something else to whine about.

Couldn't they have waited and done this BEFORE the game launched????????????

Whatever EA, tomorro Far Cry is coming out and I could care less about your POS Vietnam.

Originally posted by IceWind

Whatever EA, tomorro Far Cry is coming out and I could care less about your POS Vietnam.

I bet that comment really hurt EA's feelings...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by IceWind

Enough already. Your bitching at BF:VN has grown quite old.

Please go get Far Cry or any other game and give your copy of BF:VN away so your constant whining will finally stop. Please.

the reason they rushed the game was so that it would be out with ut2k4.

blaim both ea and dice for that one.

Originally posted by BurntToast
the reason they rushed the game was so that it would be out with ut2k4.

blaim both ea and dice for that one.

How is dice to blame? I mean it takes time to make a game.

does anyone else find it odd that you can empty a full 100 round clip from the m60 into a helicopter and it STILL flys just fine and doesn't start to smoke until you start emptying the 2nd clip into it????? I'd understand if you were shooting the belly side of the copter, but when you're in a building and cranking rounds into where the engine and hydrolics should be...stuf should be going seriously wrong...

ummm....I haven't been in the military... but I have fired an M60, M16, and a demo LAW rocket (non live round)...and I'd be very impressed by a helicopter that could take 100 rounds from an m60 and not at least start having some serious issues.

I also think the LAW is very weak in this game. It takes like 4 of them to take out a tank...and that's firing them into the rear section where the engine is. I think they should at least make it so that when you fire one into the tracks that the tank is at least imobilized.

Originally posted by nst6563
does anyone else find it odd that you can empty a full 100 round clip from the m60 into a helicopter and it STILL flys just fine and doesn't start to smoke until you start emptying the 2nd clip into it????? I'd understand if you were shooting the belly side of the copter, but when you're in a building and cranking rounds into where the engine and hydrolics should be...stuf should be going seriously wrong...

ummm....I haven't been in the military... but I have fired an M60, M16, and a demo LAW rocket (non live round)...and I'd be very impressed by a helicopter that could take 100 rounds from an m60 and not at least start having some serious issues.

I also think the LAW is very weak in this game. It takes like 4 of them to take out a tank...and that's firing them into the rear section where the engine is. I think they should at least make it so that when you fire one into the tracks that the tank is at least imobilized.

i agree with both
if you're using a tank's or a car's machine gun, the chopper will start smoking instantly, with the m60 it wont.

as for the LAWs on tanks, the tank will get immobilized on the 3rd law, and will blow up on the 4th. thats pretty damn lame i think. if anything, immobilize it on the 2nd and blow it up on the 3rd. still not quite realistic, but better than before. by the time youre done with 1 tank, you only have 1 rocket left, and if theres another tank coming your way, youre pretty much screwed.

also, for the heatseaking missile on the phantom, i honestly dont understand why they flop all around sometimes when i have a target right in my sights. this applies mostly to land vehicles. i would assume that a gun firing a couple hundred rounds per minute gets fucking boiling, and a missile will gun straight for it. rather than doing that however, it will go and hit the ground.

it all still needs some tweaking, but its still not bad. im playing it every night almost, pretty fun. once the gfx engine is optimized, all the better. i get horrible slowdowns when theres alot of foliage.

just what I was asking for in the patch: ATi performance fixes and nerfing the M60... man this game is going to rock even more.

Originally posted by MrPotsAndPans
All you guys seem to do is complain. "why couldn't they jsut wait a week" Is it going to kill you to download an Fing patch? First everybody bitches that the M60 is too strong, and now you bitch that they balanced it out. If you want to run with a high rof gun, go play UT2k4. Jesus christ EA could make this game do absolutely everything you all want and you'd find something else to whine about.

Look, I felt that the M60 needed a little tweaking. I just don't agree with the way they tweaked it. This is a gaming forum, you know, people talk about games here... For the record, I don't really care for UT2004.

Also, I kinda find it ironic that you are bitching about other people bitching... :rolleyes:

It has been noted that "vehicle camping" is a problem within the online community for Battlefield:Vietnam. Therefore, in our first patch for the product, players inactive in movement for longer than 15 seconds, within a vehicle spawn radius, will suffer the same health penalty as if leaving the combat zone.

Thank god.....but what about fixing the sort by ping???? thats the biggest pain in the ass!!!

Originally posted by sc4r4b
Look, I felt that the M60 needed a little tweaking. I just don't agree with the way they tweaked it.

But it's the way it would have been used, in fact it was slightly more complicated as it's a SAW and so would have usually been operated by two people. One shooting the other feeding and reloading.

If you're positioned correctly you will still be able to nail a ton of people with the m60 but you will have to perform the heavy assault role as intended, IE assisting your squad, as opposed to a one man Rambo.

I think it's what they meant to do the first time but missed it somehow.

If they could sort the above issues, sort by ping (I do a filter on Ping 50 and it shows everything less than 50 incidentally) and then (please) get a bit of throttle support on the planes and helicopters then I would be sweet.

Oh yeah and ATi need to fix their drivers so it's not just me with AA working.

Does anyone else have issues using EAX in game. I haven't really heard anyone else say anything about it. I believe I've heard people with the same symptoms as me though. Not hearing anything but your own firing and maybe 1 bird off in the distance. Can't hear anyone else firing, even if they are right next to you or even hear your own foot steps.

Works fine in Miles 2d, but it's a waste on my 5.1 speakers.

BTW, yah for the m60 fix. I got on a server last night and just about all the US troops were carrying m60s.

Oh yeah forgot about that one, mine does that as well but I'd given up with it. I can't even get Surround sound working in games anyway because I can only use the Toslink to my speakers because I get really bad crackling otherwise.

Originally posted by skinlab
i agree with both

Glad I'm not the only one :)

The graphics run fine on my machine. I can even use AA without too much of a hit at 1024x768. It used to run like crap, until I added the Game.soundBufferSize 400 line to the default.con file. That seemed to clear up all but the graphic anomolies in the game (I have white lines on the right side of the screen that flicker randomly...no matter if the vid card is overclocked or not.)

I think it's funny they rushed it out the door and didn't have enough stock for the stores. Every place in my area, (Best Buy, Gamestop,E.B, Frys) all of them sold out of the first shipments and no one has a copy of the game. Although from some of the posts here it sounds like E.A. / Dice is already screwing the game up with b.s. in the patches. Why are they fixing "camping" in this game but never incorporated it in B.F. 1942 ? Having a solid defensive or sniping position is a part of real life. You have to figure out a way to route that bugger out of there not call back to headquarters and ask them to issue a patch to make the Bad Man stop that camping. Why require someone to fire the M60 in prone ? That may be the proper way it's taught to be used and what you do on the range, but anyone who has ever served in the military in combat knows most of he "proper" ways to use things goes right out the door when the first few shots get going. You use anything, however you can, to kill the other guy. It would have made more sense to have the M60 gunner suffer from slower movement and reduced accuracy when firing while standing or moving. I've fired an M60 prone, in a fox hole, and fully standing, and even though it was more cumbersome to try and hold it in one arm and feed the belt with the other, I could still do it and pepper the target pretty good.

As far as the other damage models, like how some aircraft can seemingly take hits that should bring them down, has pretty much been a problem all along that was slowly tweaked a little at a time in BF1942 / D.C. I remember shooting helos with 4 and 5 T-72 rounds and they were still flying. It does't take a genius to figure out there isn't a helicopter flying that could withstand even one 120mm or 155mm round. Thank goodness that's pretty much been tweaked out now.

Originally posted by CIWS
Why are they fixing "camping" in this game but never incorporated it in B.F. 1942 ?

Maybe I misread it but I thought they said they were going to prevent Vehicle Camping. So people are just hanging around waiting for a vehicle to respawn instead of fighting.

But like I said maybe I misread it.

James

Thats how I read it too. It's to stop the freaks just sitting waiting for a helicopter to spawn whilst losing all the control points in the mean time.

9 times out of 10 it spawns and they crash it straight anyway. :mad:

I've just though of another bug though, the jamming, I don't know if it's a feature or what but I almost always use the M16/m203 (Or period variation of) and it sometimes doesn't fire more than 2 rounds before stopping.

I just picked up the game last night, and all I have to say about it is a few things...

I noticed the texture corruption. So I turned off AA/AF (FW was off anyway, screws with CakeWalk SONAR for whatever reason)

No sound issues. But then again I'm using a pro-audio card, none of the consumer level driver problems.

I didn't get to play too much, but the m60 really is a pain in the ass.
nerfing it the way they plan is questionable, but I'll play the game patched first before I say "it sucks/it rocks"

One thing I find disheartening is the way many of you find new ways to complain. "OMFG this game has so many problems! why did they release it!"

Then a week.5 later EA says a patch is on it's way. "OMFG why can't they wait" or "OMG They are ruining it" or even better "if they don't fix <x> i'm throwing it out!!!"

All I have to say is at least they are keeping us updated, and actually making an effort (a good effort? who knows...) to fix the issues at hand. How many game developers will announce a patch, list the planned fixes, and usually have it out in a decent time frame?
I know some people have waited months for simple fixes on other games.

Originally posted by CIWS
Why are they fixing "camping" in this game but never incorporated it in B.F. 1942 ? Having a solid defensive or sniping position is a part of real life. You have to figure out a way to route that bugger out of there not call back to headquarters and ask them to issue a patch to make the Bad Man stop that camping. Why require someone to fire the M60 in prone ? That may be the proper way it's taught to be used and what you do on the range, but anyone who has ever served in the military in combat knows most of he "proper" ways to use things goes right out the door when the first few shots get going. You use anything, however you can, to kill the other guy. It would have made more sense to have the M60 gunner suffer from slower movement and reduced accuracy when firing while standing or moving. I've fired an M60 prone, in a fox hole, and fully standing, and even though it was more cumbersome to try and hold it in one arm and feed the belt with the other, I could still do it and pepper the target pretty good.

Patches or not, BFV will get to the greatness that BF1942 has gotten to today.

DC even had it's share of patch and bug fixes for a mod even. And look how dope it is now!

I don't blame nobody for bad code. I'd rather take the game for what it is now and work with it like unmolded clay.

Psyko M.

I agree with all the changes, and if they all happen with the patch, it will be quite awsome.

By far, the greatest fix would be stopping the chopper/jet camping retards. They've been the bane of any teamwork throughout BF1942 and BF:VN. I can't wait to hear the whining/crying when/if that is implemented! :D :p :D

As for the ATI problems, I'll bet all the ATI owners won't be totally happy with this patch, and likely won't be satified until ATI gets out their fixes in a driver update.

Maybe I will attempt to play this game again. I swear I only played this game for less then an hour total since my preorder came in. Since then, it has been sitting on the shelf. I didn't think the game was that great but that can be helped at least a little by getting decent framerates.

Originally posted by Badger_sly
As for the ATI problems, I'll bet all the ATI owners won't be totally happy with this patch, and likely won't be satified until ATI gets out their fixes in a driver update.

surprisingly enough, most of my "ati problems" were fixed by adding the soundbuffers line and the line to enable all refresh rates. The sound buffers fixed the jerkiness, and the refresh rates solved most of the graphics corruption.

my only complaint is the weakness of the m60 against vehicles (mainly jeeps and helicopters - obviously a tank is excluded here) and the weakness of the LAW rocket. I don't care about the camping...but it is a good idea why they're implementing it.

Don't get ya hopes up too much lads. Like mentioned already. I'd be very suprised if this patch did a whole wack. It usually takes them 2-3 before they get it.

NST6563. Could you post what those lines are exaclty?

Hey Icewind, no one gives a rat's ass anymore that you don't like BFV.

Great, now we have people telling everyone that the patch wont work before they have even tried it.

Back