Bf:3 really as bad as i think it is

Jbort1984

[H]ard|Gawd
I dont know about any one else but PLaying bf 3 online that game is terrible in my eyes.
Even when nothing is going on around you you still hear gun fire airplanes and tanks like there right next to you even when there nothing in site not even gun fire. Everyweapon i have used has a recoil like the persons holding it in one handed and side ways like a gangster. The way the game looks i think it crap even at max setting. maybe there something in my setting that are screwy but ive got it set to recommened so idk what the issue is with this game but id rather go back to Cod series

The audio issue is valid - there were times when nothing apparent was going on yet I'd hear shooting and general "combat ambience" going on for no reason. That is kind of funky. The actual quality of the games' audio, however, is absolutely excellent.

But the graphics? Are you kidding me? This game looks incredible at max settings. The visuals might not be revolutionary but they do raise the bar a bit. The textures are great, lighting is excellent and overall details are wonderful. This is one of the better looking games out and MW3 looks like complete ass compared to it. I find BF3 to be fun as hell, sound great and look great. I don't think MW3 comes close to it at all.

I know this is a troll post, but:
They are both console garbage, just one less console than the other. Most PC Gamers have become like the console gamers they despite: thinking of nothing but graphics. BF3 has a thousand times better graphics than CoD so it is automatically a "true PC game!" True PC games have true PC gameplay, regardless of graphics. BF3 fails at that. Yes, it is better than all the other garbage out there now - but it is just the least smelly.

like i said maybe its just me but bf2 may not have looked as good with all the eye candy but the camera was much smoother the weapons werent gang banger style shooting. I think my biggest pet peive is the actual shooting in the game well that and the machine gun through 6ft of rock or the 4 mile snipes that happen quite frequently. I guess i just prefer the Cod game over the bf games.

And no was not a troll thread like stated just what i got from the game seeing i just recently purchased it .

Before I get drowned out by people wishing the case for BF3 had a glory hole so they could be one with it, yeah I'm just not into BF3 for a plethora of reasons. I'm not saying I like BF2 better but trying to dink around the browser really put me off. I know I know "ZOMG YOURE NUB DOESNT HAPPEN", but the shit doesn't work well for me and it's annoying enough to where I just click one of my 5 or so other trusty MP's and play that instead. BFBC2's browser was utter crap but I really didn't have as much of a problem as I do with BF3. At least my steam friends overlay worked with it.

Cheating, bugs, and server issues killed it for me. And the ridiculous blue filter over the entire game...is blue the new brown?

I'd remove it myself if it weren't a bannable offense.

inb4 EA Defense Force

I wasn't all that impressed with BF3, either. Aside from the superb graphics I thought the storyline and characters were pretty meh. I didn't finish it. I just think military shooters have jumped the shark. I felt the same way about MW3.

Me, being more of a single-player type, have a hard time getting into multiplayer games, like BF3. I did the whole BF2 w/expansions thing, and while enjoying it, I fear that BF3 multiplayer is mainly a "kiddie" warfare game (given that its mainly kids playing it), and being that I don't sit around playing these games 18 to 20 hours each day, I get killed almost instantly most of the time (Day of Defeat comes to mind).

If BF3 had a better single player component, even if it were good BOTS (like in the UT games), I would be all over it. Otherwise, meh...

Ian

They are both console garbage, just one less console than the other. Most PC Gamers have become like the console gamers they despite: thinking of nothing but graphics. BF3 has a thousand times better graphics than CoD so it is automatically a "true PC game!" True PC games have true PC gameplay, regardless of graphics. BF3 fails at that. Yes, it is better than all the other garbage out there now - but it is just the least smelly.

I'm guessing you haven't played MW3

I wasn't all that impressed with BF3, either. Aside from the superb graphics I thought the storyline and characters were pretty meh. I didn't finish it. I just think military shooters have jumped the shark. I felt the same way about MW3.

Not sure if you know this, Battlefield has ALWAYS been about multiplayer.

I read there is a huge patch inbound. I saw the list of changes and didn't bother to read it. It appears to be a huge update.

The high recoil and bullet travel time weeds out people with bad co-ordination and gun control. I find it very refreshing that you need more than reflexes to play. Cod has almost no recoil, which is really a step backwards.

Audio issues can be cured by changing the audio settings, BF3 is one of the only modern games that offers more audio settings than just volume controls. If you turn it to War Tapes, it will sound like guns are going off right next to your ear the entire time. However, all of the regular guns sound very different than the ambient guns. If you turn it to home theatre, it really quiets down the background noise, but this mode only really sounds good if you have a nice surround sound system turned way up to shake your house.

COD is like playing with laser guns, on the quake 3 engine, but nowhere near as good or as skill intensive as quake 3. Its like they took Q3, skinned it with military snaz, and slowed it way down.

That being said, I agree with the blue filter being annoying. I mess with my nvidia settings to bring out the colour more and it really helps. At least its not another dusty brown game though, because you know if it was, everybody would be like UGGGHHH MORE BROWN AND BLOOOOOMMMM kinda like they did for every COD and BF up until this year. F that S

Cheating, bugs, and server issues killed it for me. And the ridiculous blue filter over the entire game...is blue the new brown?

I'd remove it myself if it weren't a bannable offense.

inb4 EA Defense Force

Use this: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1454675-better-sharper-custom-fxaa-injector.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj_ko_yrpfA

Perfectly legit. It works. You can fiddle with it and make things look the way you want them to look.

Just watch 15 minutes of Sakreah play on http://www.twitch.tv/sakreah and you'll see what this game is all about. Dude is a beast and just recently got partnered with twitch. I used to suck and then started to watch his streams, especially the IOV tryouts and I feel like I have a much more respect for game as a result. MW3 and its turn a corner and shoot arcade gameplay feels like it belongs in the arcade with a joystick and 2 buttons, its just silly to compare that physx9 garbage to BF3.

The blue filter isn't so bad compared to the arbitrary shit that is always "on the face" of your soldier. All the dust and dirt that inhibits your view if there is any source of light pointing your direction is absolutely ridiculous. It isn't immersive or realistic by any stretch of the imagination.

If you have never played Counter-Strike I suppose the recoil complaints are valid, lol. Don't install that if BF3 has too much recoil, fair warning.

Before I get drowned out by people wishing the case for BF3 had a glory hole so they could be one with it, yeah I'm just not into BF3 for a plethora of reasons. I'm not saying I like BF2 better but trying to dink around the browser really put me off. I know I know "ZOMG YOURE NUB DOESNT HAPPEN", but the shit doesn't work well for me and it's annoying enough to where I just click one of my 5 or so other trusty MP's and play that instead. BFBC2's browser was utter crap but I really didn't have as much of a problem as I do with BF3. At least my steam friends overlay worked with it.

This is why I don't like it. Even with 4 web browsers (IE9, FF...something, Chrome and Opera), I still rarely am able to join a party, and even if, the party game start never works (litterally), and even wtih just a 3 person party, we typically end up on opposite teams. I play every once in a while (so far, once every two months seems to do it), mostly to see if the issues have been resolved.

I dont know about any one else but PLaying bf 3 online that game is terrible in my eyes.
Even when nothing is going on around you you still hear gun fire airplanes and tanks like there right next to you even when there nothing in site not even gun fire. Everyweapon i have used has a recoil like the persons holding it in one handed and side ways like a gangster. The way the game looks i think it crap even at max setting. maybe there something in my setting that are screwy but ive got it set to recommened so idk what the issue is with this game but id rather go back to Cod series

Serious question - do you play on PC much? If the game looks bad on your recommended settings it might just be that it detected your hardware wrong. Try moving it up to high settings manually and seeing how it goes.

As for the gunplay/gang-banger stuff, I agree that there's more bling than in BF2 but it's nowhere near the levels of retarded of CoD. And saying the guns have too much recoil might be due to you coming from the MW games, which it's pretty well established have bugger-all recoil to any of the weapons. BF3's guns are 100% realistic in comparison to that mess.

The blue filter isn't so bad compared to the arbitrary shit that is always "on the face" of your soldier. All the dust and dirt that inhibits your view if there is any source of light pointing your direction is absolutely ridiculous. It isn't immersive or realistic by any stretch of the imagination.

AMEN!!! Not to mention all the random trash and debri appearing in mid-air, flying around in front of your sight, and then disappearing in mid-air.

You have become too accustomed to a shooter that requires no skill, that's your problem.

I knew it would be a no buy when I saw it required Origin. Its really just BFBC2 with better window dressing. At least they improved the graphics engine. CoD has used the same skins and textures since the original Modern Warfare.

If EA would drop Origin, their games might provide a better experience. I am not sure why people choose to install malware/spyware on their computer just to play a game, but whatever.

I was a sucker and bought BF3 when it released. Haven't touched it for months. The sheer amount of stat padders and exploiters keeps me away from these types of games.

As far as how the game looks and plays, it's quite good.

I stopped reading when he said he'd rather play COD. Unfortunately, he waited until the end to say that :)

I enjoyed BF2 more, but I am still having a blast with BF3. The sounds you mentioned don't really bother me.

The cheaters are easy to avoid though. If a cheater is on the other team, leave the server before you start getting spawn killed and pissed off. If he happens to be on your team and friendly fire is on, TK him! This makes them leave and it is fun to do.

I knew it would be a no buy when I saw it required Origin. Its really just BFBC2 with better window dressing. At least they improved the graphics engine. CoD has used the same skins and textures since the original Modern Warfare.

If EA would drop Origin, their games might provide a better experience. I am not sure why people choose to install malware/spyware on their computer just to play a game, but whatever.

I really tried to avoid it but my roommates threw a fit because I wouldn't play. I'll admit I'm a steam friends fanboy but I've been playing Counter-strike for 7 years literally all my friends are on there it makes sense. I tolerate Origin, but they obviously purposely blocked Steam Overlay because it works fine in every previous BF game. I thought "Ok whatever I'll use Battlelog friends" you can't open it up you literally have to alt-tab out of the game to access it which you can imagine what kind of havok that causes and even then Battlelog friends is crap so I just feel like banging my head against the wall and then go play CS or TF2 or KF or something. Its so frustrating not to be able to enjoy what seems like a good game. The ingame chat sucks too. I'm like "Really???" you can't get ingame chat working right.

I'd expect this shit from one horse studio under 1c company and I give them a break but when I spend like $30 on crap like this and then have to turn around and spend another $20 on Jack just so I can tolerate playing it AAARGGHH.

I really tried to avoid it but my roommates threw a fit because I wouldn't play. I'll admit I'm a steam friends fanboy but I've been playing Counter-strike for 7 years literally all my friends are on there it makes sense. I tolerate Origin, but they obviously purposely blocked Steam Overlay because it works fine in every previous BF game. I thought "Ok whatever I'll use Battlelog friends" you can't open it up you literally have to alt-tab out of the game to access it which you can imagine what kind of havok that causes and even then Battlelog friends is crap so I just feel like banging my head against the wall and then go play CS or TF2 or KF or something. Its so frustrating not to be able to enjoy what seems like a good game. The ingame chat sucks too. I'm like "Really???" you can't get ingame chat working right.

I'd expect this shit from one horse studio under 1c company and I give them a break but when I spend like $30 on crap like this and then have to turn around and spend another $20 on Jack just so I can tolerate playing it AAARGGHH.

Add BF3 as a non-steam game to Steam. Launch it from Steam. Shift+Tab overlay works.

Add BF3 as a non-steam game to Steam. Launch it from Steam. Shift+Tab overlay works.

Yes I know how to add non-steam games. Have you tried that it doesn't work last time I checked.

I'll give it a shot but as of last week it didn't work for me. You have to launch origin. There's a fix to try and make it work but the overlay still crashes.

Last edited:
I'll give it a shot but as of last week it didn't work for me. You have to launch origin. There's a fix to try and make it work but the overlay still crashes.

All you do is launch Origin through Steam and make sure you disable the Origin overlay in settings. Never had a problem with it.

BF3 is one of the best shooters to come out in years. I pretty much only play BF3 and Tribes Ascend now.

I get annoyed when I play BF3 anymore, but I am just a BF2 Brat.

The blue filters, planes that handle like trucks off of GTA, and retarded ballistics just remind me why I haven't played the game as much as I played BF2 at the start. Why the HELL does the AH1 fly SO much faster than the MH-6 Little birds? The little birds just put put put along. Maximum speeds are comparable IRL.

That and the unlocks are stupid as hell, but they sure do appeal to a teenager's wet dreams.

Do GLARE and blue fliters really pass off as OMG excellent graphics now a days?

I get annoyed when I play BF3 anymore, but I am just a BF2 Brat.

The blue filters, planes that handle like trucks off of GTA, and retarded ballistics just remind me why I haven't played the game as much as I played BF2 at the start. Why the HELL does the AH1 fly SO much faster than the MH-6 Little birds? The little birds just put put put along. Maximum speeds are comparable IRL.

That and the unlocks are stupid as hell, but they sure do appeal to a teenager's wet dreams.

Do GLARE and blue fliters really pass off as OMG excellent graphics now a days?

I don't think anyone likes the glare or blue filters but aside from that the graphics are pretty great.

Give it a fucking rest already.

Meh, my biggest beef with the game is the lack of intentional teamwork that is enabled my the BF3's design. For example:

1. Commander

It doesn't exist. I can't tell you how many times I'm running along in BF3 and go "man I really wish I had a vehicle right now. I'll ask my commander for a drop." The commander required you to play smart, not just gun well...because being really good at shooting things doesn't always work against a well-timed artillery barrage.

2. Squad Coms (voip)

It doesn't exist. I have to go to some external system to communicate with people in my squad, but then I have to know them and be incredibly intentional about finding a gaming community, and then any random person who joins the squad has no clue what's going on. Imagine how much more awesome this would be if we could coordinate with our squad. Yeah, little kids complaining is annoying, but that's why you could individually mute people in the squad menu if you wanted to.

3. Spawn only on Squad Leader

It doesn't exist. This forces you to play smart. In BF3 you hardly ever have to worry about dying cause I can spawn on anyone in my squad or on any transport helo I want. The idea of a Squad "LEADER" is out the windows in BF3. For anyone who hasn't played BF2, you could only spawn on the squad leader, the squad leader was the only one who could request resources from the commander, and the squad leader was the only one who had a Comm (voip) connection to talk to the commander. Having a good squad leader could easily win the round for you, and vice versa.

The amount of retarded run n gun play I encounter is frustrating at times. I still enjoy the game, but it's nowhere near as good in teamwork or gameplay as BF2 was. Also, why does the F35 fly like a passenger jet and why is the only effective air unit an attack helicopter?

Last edited:

Not all opinions have to coincide with your own, way of the world, homie. Not everyone is enamored with the business decisions and dev team decisions made by EA/DICE, and I count myself amongst those. I actually liked BF2 and BF2142 a lot, but since then, I haven't seen anything I liked from the Battlefield series, BFBC2 was a pile of crap and BF3 isn't much better.

I actually enjoy playing CS Source more than any other FPS game these days, and it's been that way for years.

I did like CoD4 for the longest time, it's really fun. I just haven't seen many FPS games surpass CoD4, BF2142 or CS Source in terms of fun.

What I actually want right now is another Quake or Unreal style game, a good twitch-based shooter that is representative of what PC gaming used to be, not this consolized garbage that gets spewed out these days and is called a "modern shooter".

What is wrong with battlelog friends. I use it all the time and have no problems. I make the party, invite my friends they join and we got voice. It takes like 10 seconds. Sometimes the party doesnt persist when we all log off for the day but big deal. The game alt tabs instantly and goes back just as fast.

To join the game, you either click join in the party box, or the arrow next to the player and click join server. I mean unless these functions dont work for some reason for you, I really see nothing to complain about. A few extra clicks is not a big deal.

3. Spawn only on Squad Leader

It doesn't exist.

Wrong. It's a server setting. Server admins can decide to enable it or not, so don't blame EA/DICE for that one any more than you'd blame them for ticket counts you don't like or map rotations you don't care for.

this is some of the dumbest shit I have read on this forum.

What is wrong with battlelog friends. I use it all the time and have no problems. I make the party, invite my friends they join and we got voice. It takes like 10 seconds. Sometimes the party doesnt persist when we all log off for the day but big deal. The game alt tabs instantly and goes back just as fast.

To join the game, you either click join in the party box, or the arrow next to the player and click join server. I mean unless these functions dont work for some reason for you, I really see nothing to complain about. A few extra clicks is not a big deal.

On my PC it depends on what browser I'm using. On Firefox I have no problems, with IE9 I have trouble getting the game to launch. I actually have come to like the Battlelog interface and function. I also don't have a problem with Origin, the game plays when I click the icon and that's all I really care about.

I think the game looks, sounds and plays great but it has a steep skill curve for a player of middling ability like myself.

...Its really just BFBC2 with better window dressing..

As someone who as actually played/owned both games and used Origin, I disagree with both those statements.

I'm not a huge fan of BF3, but for the most part its because I'm sick of military shooters and have never been a huge fan of vehicular combat anyway. I also hate the unlock system... I don't hate unlock systems in general... I just hate the one in BF3.
+1

Not all opinions have to coincide with your own, way of the world, homie. Not everyone is enamored with the business decisions and dev team decisions made by EA/DICE, and I count myself amongst those. I actually liked BF2 and BF2142 a lot, but since then, I haven't seen anything I liked from the Battlefield series, BFBC2 was a pile of crap and BF3 isn't much better.

I actually enjoy playing CS Source more than any other FPS game these days, and it's been that way for years.

I did like CoD4 for the longest time, it's really fun. I just haven't seen many FPS games surpass CoD4, BF2142 or CS Source in terms of fun.

What I actually want right now is another Quake or Unreal style game, a good twitch-based shooter that is representative of what PC gaming used to be, not this consolized garbage that gets spewed out these days and is called a "modern shooter".

Not saying they should. I am, however, saying there is a time and a place - shoehorning the same trite shit we've read from you a dozen times over in at every opportunity is tedious. I have my own views about Steam but I bite my tongue every time I see a post I disagree with because it's been done to death. Wouldn't mind it if other people did the same and we could find something else to talk about, this shit is boring and doesn't contribute to threads like this.

BC2 has it's issues but its a good game and had the biggest game thread in this forum and BF3 is nothing like it, it's worse in my openion (fu** gfx).
over 1k hours in BF2/BC2/CS:S/and soon BF3

Back