Bethesda Goes Virtual at BE3 2016

HardOCP News

[H] News
Bethesda has taken the wraps off its virtual reality plans for Fallout 4. According to the blog post, Bethesda plans on releasing Fallout 4 for VR headsets within the next twelve months.

We plan to release Fallout 4 for VR headsets within the next 12 months. “We think that VR is the perfect fit for truly immersive games like our massive open-world RPGs,” Hines said. At BE3 Plus, attendees were given a taste of what’s to come, exploring the world of Fallout 4, using the game’s Pip-Boy and interacting with Dogmeat – all in full virtual reality. “If you thought Survival Mode was an intense Fallout experience… you ain’t seen nothing yet,” Hines said.

Hopefully it's not a flaky mess like the current iteration of Fallout 4. We need decent titles for VR, not half assed money grabs that are going to wear themselves out in 15 hours of play.

I want simple vr. I don't want the actual having to move around to interact with stuff, just a head set that tracks my head movement with camera movement in game. After that a keyboard and mouse or controller will work just fjne for me.

This and the serious sam VR look pretty awesome.

Fallout 4 was and remains to be, a awesome game; hopefully made better with VR.

I want simple vr. I don't want the actual having to move around to interact with stuff, just a head set that tracks my head movement with camera movement in game. After that a keyboard and mouse or controller will work just fjne for me.

While I do love properly implemented "room scale" VR, it's not necessary for every game. My time in Alien: Isolation convinced me of that. Sitting down with an xbox 360 controller and properly implemented head tracking is plenty immersive, and I didnt get the least bit of motion sickness.

Hover junkers of all games is the only thing that fucks with me. Something about the way the platform moves is very jarring, and the movement system is extremely clunky.

Back