Best Way to Play Zelda OOT and MM?

Killdozer

[H]ard|Gawd
Nostalgia's making me want to play Zelda OOT and MM. The last time I tried was with the CE Gamecube disc and I couldn't get past the 4:3 format and low resolution image.

Is there any way to play this in 16:9 with a bit cleaner image?

Years ago I replayed OOT with a texture pack on Project64. I remember the static CG backdops still looked stock (like ass) but everything else was pretty damn good.

Some info here

update:project page

Last edited:
I would imagine dolphin Full AA/AF support, multi resolutions etc...
www.dolphin-emulator.com - Site seems to be down right now.

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/gamecube/dolphin.html

Before anyone says zelda collectors edition was released on the GC.

For my own clarification:
You're saying to play my CE Gamecube version with the Dolphin emulator?

Years ago I replayed OOT with a texture pack on Project64. I remember the static CG backdops still looked stock (like ass) but everything else was pretty damn good.

Some info here

update:project page
I remember years ago trying the N64 emulator but it didn't support any of the newer video or sound devices.

Is this any better?

Well Dolphin does what you asked - Changes the aspect ratio; with the added bonus of anti-aliasing,AF, duel core support, 1080p (and higher?).
I don't know any other way to play above 4:3

Or you can use Project64 v1.7/6 with zelda playing at 16:9 (accepts 16:10 and various resolutions as well) - 8xAA/16 AF + some plugins.

project6420110207181233.png

Think I'll have a look at those texture packs as well.

Damn looks like I'm playing Zelda for a bit :)

Stretching it makes it looks worse imo. Leave it at 4:3 and the textures are too low res for 1080p. You cant really improve what isn't there.

Thanks for the info everyone.

Have one more question:
What would be the best PC controller to play these games?

Probably a 360 (+ it has added support for all pc games pretty much), but maybe a ps3 type controller as it has more buttons?

Installed that texture pack and it sure makes a difference.

project6420110208002031.jpg

Last edited:
Link to plugin pack?

EDIT:

Oh wait, nevermind. This is what I get for skimming a thread when I've been awake for more than 2 days. Thanks!

IMHO it's better to run the games with Project64 than the GC versions with Dolphin. It's just simply put better code and better UI with years of development behind it.

Anyway since I'm looking to replay some of my GC games with Dolphin, can someone put up a decent plugin pack? I don't have a clue which ones to use and I don't think they're illegal or against the rules.

It's only $20 for 1.7, TBH though 1.6 works perfectly fine with zelda and the plug-ins; also it's free.

Just wondering do you own a GC controller?
If you do just get a Gamecube to PC USB Adapter:
http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Gamecube-PC-USB-Adapter-Converter/dp/B0009VM05S
You might find cheaper, but I find that solution better with Ninty games.

@tuaarita just check their forums (back online) all your answers are there.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Nostalgia's making me want to play Zelda OOT and MM. The last time I tried was with the CE Gamecube disc and I couldn't get past the 4:3 format and low resolution image.

Is there any way to play this in 16:9 with a bit cleaner image?

On the 3DS? :D
(Well, for OOT anyway)

Back