best way to get rid of/aviod white edges

bromide

Gawd
i have made some images, however- when put to a colored background on a document or website(other than white) they have those annoying choppy edges...any ideas on how to get rid of them? i have blurred them in the past, but it seems that there must be a better way.

THANKS!

Transparent images, right? In the Options section of the window, when you are saving the images, change the Matte to the color of the background that the image will be on.

cool, i'll try that. thanks!

errr, it still gives me that little white line..but its smaller now. i should have done that from the beginning.

Hmm, it should get rid of the whole white line. Maybe you have some ghost pixels or something. Try making a selection around your image, then invert the selection and hit delete.

Try changing the Matte to "None" It will probably make the edges a little choppy but the line will be gone. The white line shouldn't matter if you're putting the image on a white background though.

well, at first i was going to do black, but i think i may settle on gray, it looks nice- and i dont have to mess with the graphics too much.

btw- thanks for all your help.

Decent masking will go a long long way. Sadly no-one ever has
the patience to REALLY sit and mask something. It also helps to
design your original image for the same background colour as
you intend to use the transparent GIF on. Alternatively use a
neutral color like 50% gray to blend with most background
colours. ;)

Back