Best way to calibrate an LCD without buying extra stuff?

Killdozer

[H]ard|Gawd
Just wondering that's the best method or freeware to get a decent calibration on my new LCD screen. I see other threads where people go out and buy extra hardware and software but I'm just looking for an easy way to do it.

If you're going to be doing any professional graphic work, it's best to utilize hardware calibration. If not, you can find some free tools on some websites that let you calibrate it with your eye.

I had this link to one, but I can't seem to find it. Once I find it, I'll follow up.

Great, thanks.
I'm not into any professional stuff but I can understand the need for those things if I were into it.

Find someone with the same monitor that has color calibrated his LCD. Then use his profile as a starting point. Anything is better than a uncalibrated monitor. They have color calibrators for under $70 for the non-pro. Like the Huey.....

Just wondering that's the best method or freeware to get a decent calibration on my new LCD screen. I see other threads where people go out and buy extra hardware and software but I'm just looking for an easy way to do it.

Without buying anything, I would imagine the BEST way would be to borrow the hardware/software. I am not exactly sure you can do this or not, that is, if the hardware/software becomes bound to the first computer that used it, via cdkey or what have you, or not. I would definitely look into it, though.

Back