Best video card under 8 inches?

EazyM3

Limp Gawd
I was looking for something like a 4770, 4670, or 9600 GSO, but can't find anything less than 8 inches to fit inside my Mini ITX Lian Li PC-Q7. Can someone PLEASE suggest something for me besides another case?

I have a Galaxy 9600 GT Low Profile Low Power that i can part with. I think that's the best you can find. Even the HD 4770 is longer than 8 inches. Also the 9600 GT is better than HD 4670.

It will be used by my daughter for school, Internet, light gaming, and watching .mkv's from our WHS. To be honest, she doesn't need a video card, I just want to add one for kicks since I enjoy building PCs as a hobby. The Zotac 9300 already has an on board video, so I am hoping to add something better than that or something that will compliment it.

More specifically, here's what I got:
  • Lian Li PC-Q7
  • Corsair 400wx
  • Zotac 9300 Mini ITX motherboard
  • e8400
  • 4GB RAM

I agree with Brent, 5750, decent power, low idle, only $109-129.

I'd love to get a 5750, but they all look too big. Where can I find one less than 8" long. BTW, here's a pic of my case that I really don't want to change.

sfdir2euty.jpg

Yeah go for Brent, the radeon 5750 is just 7''inch long! as of now there is only the 1GB model, the 512 would cost 109dlls.

Or maybe wait for 5600 series next year I guess, for <100 price range.

Where did you get the case?

Yeah go for Brent, the radeon 5750 is just 7''inch long! as of now there is only the 1GB model, the 512 would cost 109dlls.

Okay, sorry for my ignorance guys, but judging by the pics, none of them "looked" 7" long--that's impressive. However, I still don't think it will fit my case because I have dual slots available, but only a single slot opening. :(

I hope no one minds me borrowing these pics on the interwebs... ;)
dsc5816fv4.jpg

Got the case at Newegg a few months ago. I initially bought one for a simple Mini-ITX Windows Home Server build and liked it so much, I bought another for a future project...

Last edited:
I have a Galaxy 9600 GT Low Profile Low Power that i can part with. I think that's the best you can find. Even the HD 4770 is longer than 8 inches. Also the 9600 GT is better than HD 4670.

I have a G210 too, if you are interested.

I have a G210 too, if you are interested.
Memory, depending if you have the DDR2 version or not, may be faster.

EDIT: This next part is so wrong, please ignore/don't kill me.
A G210, with 8sp, would be a processing downgrade from the 9300's 16sp.

Last edited:
Okay, sorry for my ignorance guys, but judging by the pics, none of them "looked" 7" long--that's impressive. However, I still don't think it will fit my case because I have dual slots available, but only a single slot opening. :(

I hope no one minds me borrowing these pics on the interwebs... ;)
/snip

Got the case at Newegg a few months ago. I initially bought one for a simple Mini-ITX Windows Home Server build and liked it so much, I bought another for a future project...

The 5750 does not have a dual slot rear exhausting cooler. It is dual slot, but doesn't require two rear slots.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150448

Yes, it does require dual slots on the back plane

However, some add-in-board partners may make single slot 5750's, they capability is there for them to do that, you will just lose all the special connections it has, a single slot card may only have two DVI ports an either HDMI OR DisplayPort

Yes, it does require dual slots on the back plane

However, some add-in-board partners may make single slot 5750's, they capability is there for them to do that, you will just lose all the special connections it has, a single slot card may only have two DVI ports an either HDMI OR DisplayPort

Ah yeah sorry I forgot about the DVI port on the top part!

More than likely, single slot 5750 will come pretty quick, since it is a smallish card.

It is almost a duel slot, just to fit all the monitor outputs.

Thanks a lot Brent, Shadow, and etc... :)

I'm going to get the 4670 for the Mini-ITX build and probably the 5750 or 5770 for my own main rig... :) I just learned about Eyefinity today and it's rehashing old memories when I used to enjoy play Star Craft and Age of Empires. Suddenly, I'm thinking AoE or SC would be fun in a tri-monitor setup.

5 minutes with a Dremel could fix the dual slot issue. But, I can certainly understand if you don't want to go there.

Back