Best Value Laser Printer?

For all it's worth, I've heard that the Brother HL-1440 is one of the best value laser printers on the market right now. I've owned an IBM laser printer for almost ten years now, so I am not up to date on the latest and greatest printers.

I finally popped for a laser printer and got the hp laserjet 1012. I'm quite happy with it and you can find it pretty cheap

I use a Brother HL-1440 at work and the thing is great. It's small, quick, and has never given me any issues.

Also, the thing is dirt cheap. My boss got it on sale for $150

another vote for the brother. Plus it has a separate drum which i think is a big plus.

I love my ML1710. And a friend and 3 people on my floor have the same printer, and is in love with it aswell...

Steer clear of Brother. As was previously mentioned, they have a spearate drum which is a bad thing in this case. After 3 or so toner changes you'll need to repace the drum which is almost as expensive as a new printer. Go with HP or Samsung.

Ok, let's do the math...

Brother HL1440
TN-460 6k Page Toner: $70.89 .. 1.18 Cents/page
DR-400 20k Page Drum: $152.95 .. 0.76 Cents/Page
Total Cost / Page: $0.019 + Paper

Damn Good if you ask me.

HP 1012
Q2612A 2k Page Toner: $69.99 .. 3.5 Cents/page
No Separate Drum
Total Cost / Page: $0.035 + Paper

Now, personally I have the HP, but I'll be damned if the separate drum is not a good thing.

-Idler

Back