Best testing method for CPUs?

Finsta

Gawd
What would be the best testing method for CPUs? Prime always gives me an error.

If Prime95 gives you an error something is wrong. Could be the processor, ram, or powersupply. Try running SiSoft Sandra (Search for "Sandra" at www.download.com) and run the cpu benchmark a few times by using the Burn-In wizard.

mpK1337 said:
If Prime95 gives you an error something is wrong. Could be the processor, ram, or powersupply. Try running SiSoft Sandra (Search for "Sandra" at www.download.com) and run the cpu benchmark a few times by using the Burn-In wizard.
On a thread somewhere,
a guy said that he got Prime errors all the time but it still was working fine. SuperPi still works fine.

prime gives me errors, and I don't give a crap. It never freezes for me (when I'm on it anyways), even though I have F@H running all the time doing other things. I know f@h doesn't use the CPU very much, but it is under constant load. In the past year my CPU has been at 100% at least 98% of the time. The only times it freezes is when it goes into a screensaver (of all thing.... :rolleyes: )

Bugalaman said:
prime gives me errors, and I don't give a crap. It never freezes for me (when I'm on it anyways), even though I have F@H running all the time doing other things. I know f@h doesn't use the CPU very much, but it is under constant load. In the past year my CPU has been at 100% at least 98% of the time. The only times it freezes is when it goes into a screensaver (of all thing.... :rolleyes: )
Prime doesn't lock up the machine. It doesn't lock, I just ran Sandra's Burn-in test>highest priority for 6 runs using all the CPU intensive stuff like cache bandwith and the CPU tests then tried UT2004 and Counter-strike Source. It all works. I'm currently at 217*14 at stock voltages on some HyperX PC3500

Most computers can run stable on a threshold where prime doesn't pass, but everything else seems to work fine. But it should be noted, don't use a non-prime stable computer for Folding or SETI @home or any other distributed computing apps. They all use your computer's math calculating abilities and if Prime fails, the data your returning will be flawed as well.

Back