best shotgun in a FPS game?

ug_rulz_all

Limp Gawd
read topic

i personally love the quake 2 super shotgun. such a beefy sound, and quite powerful too :)

The best gaming shotgun ever (console or PC) is found in Quake 2.

I think counter source shotgun is the best.. the m3 one... so realistic..... hehe......

ump up around the guy and pump one in his neck... ouch... he's dead heheh

The Benelli ( IIRC ) 12ga. Automatic from Rainbow Six or Rogue spear. Can't remember which.
Second place tie between HL1 or the sawed off from Max Payne.

edit: oops, sorry, MP isn't a FPS. Still a nice gun though.

I enjoyed the shotgun in Doom 3...it was pretty....but it can't hold a candle to blowing away a goon with the double barrel in doom 2 :D

EDIT:
Holy crap I forgot the shotguns in Max Payne....but true not FPS

Halo was the first game that immediately came to mind but then the guy who said the double barrel in Doom 3 reminded me of the double barrel in Quake II so both games get my vote

The Super Shotgun in Q2

The Shotgun in Quake 3 is good too.

The Shotgun in Shogo MAD ( made a blistering crack.... :cool: )

Shotgun in Halo

Probably the best reacting shotgun would be the one in the game Vietcong. That thing has kick.

For nostalgia's sake I'll say the double barrel shotgun in doom 2. In modern games it has to be the M3 in CS:S

Shotgun in doom 3 pissed me off.. When i was fighting against it :p

the cs:s shotgun gets my vote, i was playing an aim map yesterday, only with shotgun..

FUUUUUN!!! :eek:

Quake II's super shotgun. Best ever.

And just a quick aside: Quake 2 was the best multiplayer game ever.

i dont see how anyone can even bring the doom 3 shotgun into this one, i mean at first i thought you were just in a hurry and hit 3 instead of 2 but it looks like some of you seriously like that hyper-spreading piece of crap.......okok sry bout that

but i always had a soft spot for the gatling shotgun in TFC as well :)

i say doom3, cuz i wont the game with it, not the cyberdemon of course
trying to conserve ammo i just used the shotgun so i could save my ammo, then i went to hell and lost it all I WAS PISSED,
but yeah i beat the game useing that,

The supper shotty in Q2 was awesome. The shotty from HL1 was great as well.

the double barrel shotgun in doom 2 was hellacious! the shotgun in halo 2 feels so wussy and sounds just as bad. it was definitely better in the original

r00k said:
the double barrel shotgun in doom 2 was hellacious!

Too true :p. Nothing has come close to the feeling of the DB in Doom 2, the noise it made and the reloading noise were awesome. It was like the only gun they added to the Doom 1 weapons but it was so good no one cared!

Has everyone here forgotten? The Pancor Jackhammer from Far Cry was a total gas. Fully-automatic magazine-fed twelve-gauge destruction dealer. It was hardcore, especially against mercs.

Second place would probably go to Halo 1, or the Quake 2 Shotty.

I'd go with doom2's, because it was so overpowered. Especially in deathmatch, one good blast to your opponents face wiped them out. HL1's was pretty good. It was quite satisfying using the 2nd fire where it fires two shells, and I would do that into the back of someones had when they were at a med station thing. mmm good times.

MrWoot said:
the sniper shotgun from Counter-Strike source

:) :)
lol

i always scream "BULLSHIT!" on the MIC when i get shot in the head with a shotgun from about 150 meters away in CS:S.

ps. i know you werent talking about the actual shotguns. AWP right?

DemonDiablo said:
The topic said "shotguns" not sniper rifles :p

The Benelli M3 Super 90 is a shotgun and it is the pump action shotgun from CS:S. Damn good gun too, people on pub servers always call me n00b because they think I'm using the Semi-auto.

Doom 3 shotgun is the best. I looked over all my screenshots and almost all of them had me with the shotgun as the weapon. With flashlight mod of course.

Doom 2 DB was awesome. :D
The Pancor was pretty sweet, too.
And I always kinda liked the coachgun in Serious Sam. :D

Now if only I could get the Army to add a shotty to AA. :cool: :D

Back