Best PC games out

SHIBALSL1CKZ

Weaksauce
I want to play a mainstream or beta underground game, something new. Any ideas? I love all types of games also, so anything is fine.

Another nod for the STALKER series. STALKER:SoC is the best game I've played since HL1...it took gaming immersion to a whole new level for me. STALKER:CS is in my games-to-play hopper but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

If you want a strategy game I'm giving another nod for DoW2. The multiplayer has some bugs atm that will hopefully be ironed out soon but the singleplayer is awesome. I think [email protected] had it for pretty cheap (replace @ with a).

empire total war, but wait a week, there are HUGE performance/gameplay glitches since it launched yesterday, but next week there is a huge patch coming out to remedy those issues.

besides that it is probably the best total war game period. its graphically stunning the campaign map is beautiful.

Try Sins of a Solar Empire, with the new expansion that just came out. It's great. :)

DoW II is drizzled with super lame sauce...
Total war looks cool though!

But I recommend Fallout 3! Especially with mods!

I 2nd the comments about Sins of a Solar Empire and Fallout 3. F3 is one of the best games I've played in a long time. It has a Bioshock-ish feel to it. Oh, guess that means Bioshock is a good one too. :)

I disagree with Stalker though. I detested that game so much I threw it away.

If you like puzzle type games, there are two Puzzle Quest games out, Challenge of the Warlords and Galactrix that are a lot of fun. Challenge combines Bejeweled and basic RPG elements. You'd think that would be impossible, but battle Bejeweled is awesome.

anyone know where i can get DOW 2 for cheap like on sale or something?

or hell if anyone bought the game does nto like and wants to get rid of it you can pm me

I can't believe nobody has suggested F.E.A.R. (the original), Mirror's Edge, or Fallout 3 yet...

You'll enjoy it. I may have to go back and play it again.

As for the others I have to agree with Fallout 3, plus add Mass Effect for the RPG/FPS style games.

For racing games I like Need For Speed's Pro Street.

For CO-OP FPS's Valve's Left4Dead is a riot, well done and will be getting DLC in April. Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is also a good play with CO-OP options.

I'm still a huge fan of Battlefield 2, simply nothing compares when it comes to large scale online teamwork based shooters.

There are tons of others I could list, but I'll leave it at that. Any one of the games listed in this thread so far would be worth the money (although I haven't played Mirror's Edge yet).

Try STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl.

Okay, this game has been talked about enough that I am actually going to have to play it :D
It came with my mobo and I have not gotten around to playing it yet.

in case you don't know yet from all the discussions, first get as essentials:
oblivion lost mod, float 32 and s.h.a.r.p.e.r. textures

makes the game 5x better

do i need to be a fan of the other total war games to really get into the newest one? i never liked them enough to finish any of them on campaign should i still try out the new total war?

Mass Effect was awesome, if you're into RPGs. I am, having played and loved KOTOR... so similar in so many ways but it still works for me.

Mirrors Edge is not my style, I'm more of a HL2 guy preferring the 'perfect FPS shooters', but this game is amazing. The graphics look ridiculously good yet easy to run and the motion of the camera makes everything look epic. I wish the next Half-Life can have the 'epic' feel of ME at the minimum.

I have been playing Dawn of war 2 and it's pretty fun so far... We had a lan party yesterday and Call of Duty World at War is always a blast to play with friends next to you.

I would say stalker because I played it through and enjoyed it, but what a frackin hassle getting it not to bug out all the time. For those who mentioned it, you know what I am talking about. Did anyone mention cod4? Fun game

Gotta mention COD4, I love it..... MP is lots of fun.

Don't listen to the haters.....

The Orange Box is great too.... a bunch of great games at a low price.

Stalker SOC plain vanilla with Float32.........then play Oblivion Lost mod......then play Priboi story mod.....and soon you'll be able to play Lost Alpha mod. Great great game. Also, only use the 1.004 or 1.005 patch. 1.004 is all you need if your only going to play SP and all the mods work with 1.004. Well, most of them with 1.005 as well but you have to do some extra stuff to get Priboi Story working with 1.005........you might find a 1.006 but don't use it.

Play slow and careful until you get past Cordon and into Garbage. Once you've got some decent weapons, it takes off pretty good

F.E.A.R. is good. Played MP for 2 yrs straight.

I am also liking Unreal Tournament 3 a lot with the new Titan Pack.

I would say stalker because I played it through and enjoyed it, but what a frackin hassle getting it not to bug out all the time. For those who mentioned it, you know what I am talking about.
I didn't have any bug issues with the latest patched version of STALKER. It's quite stable now.

I wish braid was ported to PC. i love that game to pieces

World of Goo
Battlefield 2 (yes i still play it a lot)
TF2
Mass Effect
Bioshock
Fallout 3
Crysis
Quake 3
UT
COD 4
Beyond Good And Evil
GRiD
Re-Volt
Elasto Mania