Best Online supplier for Canada

madrix

Limp Gawd
Kind of sucks how all the greatest deal sites online do not ship to Canada.

Anyone who wants to contribute a great place to shop online for hardware purchase
where shipping to Canada is offered ?

Thanks

Well best bet is to use a search engine for canadian computer parts.
First thing i do is use this.

pricenetwork.ca
Then i usually go to my local computer store and try to make them match the cheapest canadian price.
If not and you trust buying some stuff online then just get it off one of those sites.

The common sites i visit are
pccanada.com
tigerdirect.ca

PRICECANADA.COM (search engine)

NCIX.com
vibecomputers.com
tigerdirect.ca

i buy almost exclusivly from NCIX. they rock

Chalk up another vote for NCIX. Service is good, shipping is fast, and the selection is the best I've seen on any Canadian site. I usually cross-check their prices against Canada Computers, which I mostly use for small purchases (tube of thermal paste, etc.) because they have actual locations in Toronto and shipping is only $4.99.

Ncix.com
Directcanada.com

Directcanda.com is actually NCIX.com, but with better prices. I have ordered from DC and gotten boxes with NCIX packing tape.

thanks for the responses. I have bought from NCIX a few times but I never find their prices to be competitive, when I look at places like newegg it makes me really wish they started shipping to Canada.

I generally order from NCIX and have spend thousands of dollars there. Being in Ontario, it is great to save that 8% sales tax.

Their ExpressRMA insurance saved my butt a couple of times as it is great to have free return shipping for RMA'd items. It more than paid for itself when I shipped this huge DVD player box back to them.

Others:

TigerDirect often has superior selection compared to NCIX for some items and definitely a better website for shopping ease; but you will pay local taxes and their prices tend to be higher. They used to be called Ingram Micro. Do not trust any MIR (mail in rebate) from Tiger; They are notorious for not honouring them.

DirectDial.com has all kinds of selections with lots and lots of products, excellent customer service, plus a return policy from hell. That said, I have only shopped there once for some non-mainstream network equipment and I had zero problems with the experience.

Canada Computers has crazy low prices and really bad customer service. Say a prayer before you try to return / exchange anything. Their retail stores also have terrible / rude / clueless customer service so only go in when you know what you want. But the fact remains that they have crazy low prices (I suspect form grey market stock) so lots of people continue to shop there.

Bigfoot Computers has all kinds of really atypical aftermarket gear for modding, specialty cooling, etc and high prices. They do have excellent service however as they did not complain once when I bought a case from them and exchanged it twice (for the same model) until I got one I was satisfied with. Most of the cooling stuff inside my case is also from BF. They do not accept returns.

Another vote for NCIX. Can't beat FedEx air shipping that says 3-5 days and shows up cross country in 3 days :D

Back