Best of these 2

chris.tkd

n00b
Hello, Im going to buy a new monitor, its gonna be used for Gaming & Working. I want the games to look good on it, and the screen to actually be big enuff to allow me to have multiple 'work' apps open and viewable at once.

Ive narrowed it down to 2:

Monitor (1) 22"
- Viewable Area: 22” Widescreen (1680x1050 Resolution)
- Interface: Analog
- Response Time: 5ms
- 16.7M Colours
- Contrast Ratio: 8000:1
- Viewing Angle (H/V): 170°/ 170° (TN Panel)
- Brightness: 300cd/m2

Monitor (2) 20"
- 1680 x 1050 (WUXGA+) Optimum Resolution
- 16.7 Million Colours
- 2000:1 Contrast Ratio
- 102% Colour Gamut (Truecolour Technology)
- 5ms Response Time
- 300 cd/m2 Brightness
- One DVI-D Input w/HDCP Support
- One Analogue Input
- Height adjustable stand with swivel and pivot
- VESA mounting compatible / Security slot : Yes (100mm) / Yes
- Integrated powered USB 2.0 hub : 4 downstream / 1 upstream ports

The first one has a contrast ratio of 8000:1, the second has 2000:1 but it has 102% colour gamut whatever that is?

They are both around the same price, which ones is the best (mostly for games :) )

Surly people who 'know about monitors' will be able to tell me which is the best by looking at the features...

Specs don't necessarily mean much. But it looks like those are both TN panels so without knowing exactly which monitors you're talking about, I'd go with the bigger one. Pivoting stand is nice in theory but pretty useless with a TN panel.

Surly people who 'know about monitors' will be able to tell me which is the best by looking at the features...

In ALL electronics, specs don't define how good something is. Specs don't tell you if a monitor has back-light bleeding, blue/red/whatever dominance, wobbly stand, glare problems, bad interface, ect. So please, dumbass, just give the names of the monitors or no one can help you...

The second one is obviously the Dell 20" widescreen, truecolor gives it away.

Well, without knowing the brand of the monitor.......Ill go with the 22"? Personally more viewing area makes gaming more fun for me. I like the Acer P241W for the price to performance (yes, it is 24"), and the picture is great. Dell, BTW, makes great monitors, but I don"t like gaming on 20" monitors so for me, I wouldn't consider it. If dell is a brand you are stuck on, I would buy a dell 22" monitor or even better a 24". Thats the best I can do without knowing a little more or the brand. I will tell you that brand matters when it comes to monitors. Specs can be the exact same on 2 monitors and one could work 2 times better. The brands you are looking at would be very helpful.

Back