best/most comfortable gaming mouse?

onetrueday

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm currently using a mx518 and love it.

However, I need a new mouse for my laptop (dell 9300). So, I'm going to push the 518 to the laptop and get a new mouse for my main rig.

I don't mind spending 50 on a mouse, since I use it so much.

I was looking at either getting

logitech g5 laser
logitech mx518
Razer Diamondback Game Mouse

any thoughts or perhaps a mouse that I've overlooked for speed, comfort, and usability?

thanks.

Check out the Razer Copperhead, too. Those you listed are excellent choices.

Since you're mousing right-handed and you like the MX 518, G5 may be your best choice. Can't hurt to go to Best Buy or something and try it out, the local ones had both Logitech and Razer mice. :)

I personally vote for the G5, I use it, love it.

The g5 looks more like a step backwards for me. I'd stick with the 518.

I liked the 518 more than the G5, mainly because of the two side buttons, and the only reason I went to the Copperhead was due to a new monitor with a higher resolution, so I needed higher sensitivity (1920x1080).

I'd personally go with the G5, getting it as soon as Im not broke anymore >.<

just purchased the mx518 again.

I love my current mouse too much, guess I'm a sucker.

Plus, I'm a member of amazon prime. So, I can get the mx518 overnighted for 2.99. I didn't qualify for free shipping on any of the razor mice because they're sold by third party vendors.

I've been through A LOT of mice. The Razerdiamond back is the best I've had. I'm probably going to move up to the copperhead soon.

I've used most all of the Logitech mice and the G5 is what i use now and its my favorite. The 2000 dpi precision is very noticeable and i dont need the extra side button because i hardly even use them. I'm used to just clicking forward and back at the top of the browser i guess. I like the weights and the look of the G5 as well. Its an awesome mouse.

Well I'm using a mx518 and don't plan on changing any time soon, as it suits me perfectly, some of my purchases I made with the thought that I would like something better but actually didn't.

For comfort, microsoft are the most ergonomic and just generally the most comfortable. I own a Copperhead and while it is easy to manipulate and doesn't really cause any strain it isnt what I would call designed for comfort... I've never really thought of logitech mice as being comfortable either.

I personally did not find the Copperhead comfortable at all. If you have large hands, I would look at another mouse. The MX-518/G5 would be perfect for you.

I know this is late but I got a G7 and im in love with it. Craigslist FTW ( 55 bucks brand new in box)

ludachaz said:
I know this is late but I got a G7 and im in love with it. Craigslist FTW ( 55 bucks brand new in box)

With that site, there is no way of knowing where that mouse has been :D

how about this one?

axemouse010wt.jpg

axemouse025pa.jpg

axemouse030sr.jpg

:D

I'm loving my g5

The one thumb button was more a question of feel than functionality. I use the extension Mouse Gestures to navigate in mozilla. I'm so used to it now that I inadvertantly try to use it when I'm looking through folders or if I have to use IE.

^^I like that one, I gues itd get kinda annoying, the feeling of jean, for me. But the theme is all goood :D :D

If you're interested in a G5...let me know. I've got one I'm selling w/ a Func 1030. Both are brand new & unused (the Func is still sealed)...

I bought it to use with my gaming laptop...but I opted not to buy a gaming laptop...and for my non-gaming tasks, the trackpoints on my Thinkpads are enough...

I have found the thumb groove and overall feel of the g5 to be very comfortable. But I have large hands too.

I have both the G5 and Copperhead. I LOVE the copperhead, it's just an awesome mouse. But I bought the G5 because it just feels better in my hand (again, large hands). I really miss using the Copperhead but for my purposes the G5 just feels better.

Coincidentially i am selling my Copperhead if anyone is interested. :D

Back