Best low profile cooler to fit Lian-Li V600

bananadude

Limp Gawd
I need to get a cooler for a Lian-Li V600. It's an awkward case for a cooler as the PSU is situated over the CPU area, so high coolers are out. It needs to be low profile. I will be using it on an E6300 with a DS3 and would like to overclock (mildly).

I have been looking at the Zalman CNPS7700 which gets some good comments, but the NT06-Lite (fanless) has also been recommended to me. The Thermaltake Blue Orb has also caught my attention. The NT06 I have not read much about, and given there is no room for a fan on top of it, I would be relying on the PSU fan for air. I am unsure as to how effective this will be given that I don't know what the gap will be between the cooler and the PSU. It's more expensive than the CNPS7700, and I don't know it's that much of a better performer to justify the cost and possible huge headache if it doesn't work properly!

Any advice on what the best solution for me is? Thanks...

:confused:

I just built myself a new system using the V600, lan and dragging it along purposes, and I use a TT Ruby Orb , since I was worried about weight issues of the HSF. Currently at idle its at 36-37C, and 44C load, sometimes at 46C, depending on the temp of the house. Replaced the fan in my PSU, which is a Mushkin HP-550 (have to say I havent ANY of the issues Ive seen on reviews.), for a higher flow, and my temps are pretty stable. Also Im using Artic Silver ceramique.

Do any of you think the Thermalright XP-120 would fit in there? It's 88mm high with the fan, 63mm without.

without the fan not a problem, but with the fan, it might be a problem, unless they have low profile fans or something to that sort. With the ruby orb I have, heightwise, its 73mm, with it on the CPU, prolly 76 or 78, so whos to say, and I have about another 10-15mm above it with my PSU, so it just might work. Im thinking of trying the Andy Samurai in my V600.

I'm glad I saw this post. I have a Ruby Orb on the way in my second PC-V600 build. This is more of a family computer, so I figured I could skip the Water Cooling this time and just kick up the airflow. If I can run stable at 2.8 or 3.0 Ghz on a E6400, that would be acceptable for this one.

I have my new build set up in a black PC-V600B. For this case I went all black with red lighting, so the Ruby Orb was a natural. Temps are fine and I can get this build pretty close to the speed of my water cooled build. This is another E6400 build on an ABIT IB9 (instead of an AB9 Pro) with Corsair XMS2 PC-5400 memory and the bus is set to 375 for a 3,0 Ghz C2D. Not bad for a cheaper build.

anyone tried an abit IP35 mobo with one of the above mentioned heatsinks like the 7700 blue or ruby orb??

Back