Best LCD with low input lag ?

Rattle

2[H]4U
I'm looking for another TV that will be used mainly for games like dark souls 2 from my computer. Possible a PS4 cuz bloodborne maybe too. Besides that mainly movies, streaming content and surfing. I was looking at an LG 55 for $500 at best buy but thought I'd check around here first. I'm not set on the size I'd buy a 42 if it was faster than a bigger TV for instance.
Any suggestions? I'm not concerned with 3d or 4k whatsoever just something 1080p that's fast and looks decent with good blacks.

Sony 50W700B if you can find one, or 50W800B (but it's significantly more expensive).
or 42W700B (that one only in Canada)

Lag's around 10ms, the Sony W7 W8 W9 series are the undefeated queens of TV gaming.

Then there's a couple Vizio (I never remember which models) and a few LG... check rtings.com and displaylag.com, keeping in mind their lag testing is a bit inaccurate (higher than it really is).

50W700B is available at my local best buy in NH, no tax woohoo. I see it has a PC hdmi does this screen do 120hz in the traditional pc way 120 fps ? or is it it gonna be 60 ?

Vizio's 50 inch 4K TV has 16 ms of latency and thanks to recent updates to the firmware its sharpening effect has been largely corrected.

I own the Sony 50W800B and its utterly fantastic. Around 20-24 ms of input latency and great contrast/color. The 50W700B is similar but minus the 3D (which is pointless anyway).

So either one will be affordable and quality.

50W700B is available at my local best buy in NH, no tax woohoo. I see it has a PC hdmi does this screen do 120hz in the traditional pc way 120 fps ? or is it it gonna be 60 ?

No TV does 120hz through HDMI. HDMI doesn't support 120hz as a refresh rate. The panel may refresh itself at 120hz but it won't support it directly from an input. Its BS advertising.

You get 60hz and below support. Motion clarity is also excellent on the Sony W700B. Samsung has slightly better motion clarity but they have HUGE quality control problems. You are doing a total panel lottery with Samsung. Sony on the other hand is much tighter on their quality control.

No TV does 120hz through HDMI. HDMI doesn't support 120hz as a refresh rate. The panel may refresh itself at 120hz but it won't support it directly from an input. Its BS advertising.

This is not true at all. Even the inexpensive SE50UY04 and it's 39" sibling do 1080p @ 120hz over HDMI.
Most "120hz" panels don't have actual 120hz panels, but why would HDMI have anything to do with it? :confused:

I was under the impression 120hz @ 1080p isn't possible over hdmi.

I was under the impression 120hz @ 1080p isn't possible over hdmi.

I don't know what gave you that impression, but it's been possible for a while since HDMI 1.4b came out.

Just check the thread for the model I named, and see how many users are doing just that. Vizio M-series are another, and some of the 2015 4k sets are also likely 120hz capable over HDMI 2.0

I guess I do not keep up anymore lol, so 120fps vsync is possible on this sony? that would be amazing.

Doubt it since nobody has posted confirmation of it doing so, and I don't think Godmachine would be saying that no TV can if it did. This guy doesn't seem to be having much luck, either.

The Seiki has around 35ms out of the box, while the Vizio M's have closer to 40ms. See HERE and HERE for some more info.

You can see that in the comments of link 2, most tested aside from these two panels tend to drop frames over 100hz.

Leo Bodnar lag tester figures taken straight from the screen don't tell the whole thing, in reality the tester in a way inflates the actual input lag (it doesn't start counting immediately and it's got a target brightness level for triggering).
Not that it's lying, but the figures have to be interpreted, current word is that you need to remove about 7ms to get the actual display lag, also depends on which figures are used (top, middle, bottom bars, or average).

24ms for the W800B is a straight LB reading obviously, the real delay must be around 16ms (1 frame).

The W6 (2013 version of current W7) and W7 have been found to be around 10ms after correcting the confusing LB results.

NB: this applies to most LCD TV sets around by the way.

Last edited:
I am moving and just got my moving coupons from USPS best buy 10% off W700b for $630 no tax? Could I do better ?

I guess I do not keep up anymore lol, so 120fps vsync is possible on this sony? that would be amazing.

120Hz @ 1920x1080 with a quality VA panel would be a interesting proposition to any PC gamer.

I am moving and just got my moving coupons from USPS best buy 10% off W700b for $630 no tax? Could I do better ?

At that price level I'd either get the SE50UY04 for 500 bucks (BestBuy doesn't sell these anymore), or the 40" Samsung JU6500 for around 750 with that coupon.

They should be stocking these within the next week or two, and you'll still be able to get 4:4:4 in game mode if you only care about 1080p for <20ms latency.

Back