Best Laptop for $600 or less

King of Heroes

[H]ard|Gawd
My brother and I are looking to get a laptop as a christmas gift for the folks (moreso because they currently don't have their own computer since moving). I want to keep the price at $600 or below. Fortunately, there seem to be a few good options but I wanted to get some help making the right decision for them. My current picks are:

ASUS Transformer T100

This was actually my first choice. I like it because its a tablet and a laptop, the price is low, has full Windows AND Office and the performance looks great for the price. However, I went to Best Buy to take a look at it and it seems almost TOO small. The build quality didn't really impress either, and I want this to be something that'll last.

Acer Aspire V5-572G-6679

I haven't been able to look at this in person, but the specs look great (the Core i5 mainly, the dedicated GPU probably wont matter) and it has 6GB of memory instead of the usual 2 or 4. The screen is big and the resolution is low, but this may be a benefit for their eyesight. The price is right where I need it to be too.

I was also considering an ASUS VivoBook, but the Acer beat it out spec-wise for the same price. So, any other suggestions?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
This actually looks nice.Lenovo G505s(AMD A10-5750M 2.5 GHz,1TB 5400RPM,6GB DDR3,Radeon HD 8650G)

Definitely go with the Sony VAIO Fit Series SVF14212CXB. The resolution is nice and Sony does make some quality laptops. Acer laptops are nice too but I prefer Sony as well.

Back