Best hardware to get started?

adan

Gawd
I got free electricity, free internet and free AC. What is the best motherboard setup? I was looking at the asrock BTC ones but there seems to be a large markup on them currently. I have no problem with the initial investment

I use the asrock H97 anniversary. It is the updated version of the h81 Pro BTC. I paid 50$ new for it from newegg back in march or so.

Also, keep in mind that ethereum mining could end at any time, but is more likely to happen in the first or 2nd quarter of next year.

With free electricity, second hand R9 290s and 290x are your best bet. You'll need some beastly power supplies to run them, but they has at 30mh/s+ when overclocked and undervolted.

holee crap that is some price gouging. At that price, you could get a 7 PCI-E slot Skylake mobo.

for power supplys its cheapest to buy server psus and moding them. i run dell r900 psus which give me around 1kw on the 12v rail

Well I went ahead and built a new pc. An Amd 8 core cpu, 16 GIG of ram, and dual ssd's to run in raid. I ordered a pair of Saphire 8 gig 390's off newegg for like 180 shipped. Figured itll let me a excuse to build a pc(have not had a desktop in years) and it wlll help offset the cost.

the 8gig part doesnt matter much for mining, but you'll be set for games with massive textures! good luck.

I personally use claymore's miner in dual mining mode ethereum+sia coin, on miningpoolhub.com

+1 for claymores miner i love it and its redicuasly easy to setup. im running claymores miner in ether only mode on ethminer.

Here's another eth mining forum that is much more active: Mining. I recommend cheap 470 4gb video cards and flashing the bios

390s for $180? wow. Claymore has a zcash miner that is working well for me.

I switched over to Zcash. lower power draw, less noise, less heat higher revenue. Im making $25 a day up from $7 (after electric) it fluctuates of course.

What is current the best GPUs and coin for mining?

Depends on your power bill. But for most people, these cards will return your investment faster than the beefier cards.

Rx470 4gb for most all algorithms.
Gtx1070 for a few algorithms.
Gtx1060 with the better memory once they come out.

Out of curiosity, how are you guys staying profitable? I remember back in the Litecoin days, the difficulty got so high so quickly.

Is there just new coin algos popping up left and right?

As for the OP, when I was running a bunch of AMD cards a few years back, I just used basic motherboards (whatever was cheapest), PCIe extenders/injectors (you can then run the cards off of PCIe 1x), and server power supplies (a rock solid 1000w PSU is like $40). I can imagine similar setups exist now for GPU mining.

Out of curiosity, how are you guys staying profitable? I remember back in the Litecoin days, the difficulty got so high so quickly.

Is there just new coin algos popping up left and right?

As for the OP, when I was running a bunch of AMD cards a few years back, I just used basic motherboards (whatever was cheapest), PCIe extenders/injectors (you can then run the cards off of PCIe 1x), and server power supplies (a rock solid 1000w PSU is like $40). I can imagine similar setups exist now for GPU mining.

I don't know how but profitability is actually increasing. And their are around 5 profitable coins

Back