Best drivers for 6800gt

d34dly

2[H]4U
Ok so I just made the switch from the 9800pro to a BFG 6800GT OC. And I must say I am VERY happy with my new card. But since I am new to nvidia and their drivers, I don't know what to use? What drivers work the best for everyone?

61.72's are probably the most popular right now tho there are some that have had sucess with 62.01's

I installed the 61.72s on my GT and I havent had one single issue so they're staying for a while.

I'm not one of these people who goes nuts by D/Ling new or leaked drivers when they come out every other day like it seems lately.

screw that. I stick with what works and the 61.72s work for me. ;)

ozziegn said:
I installed the 61.72s on my GT and I havent had one single issue so they're staying for a while.

I'm not one of these people who goes nuts by D/Ling new or leaked drivers when they come out every other day like it seems lately.

screw that. I stick with what works and the 61.72s work for me. ;)

Ok sounds great... I hate being new... lol :D

best performance out of the 61.71's? ya, no doubt...because they render like crap. Like, if you're in a boat and approaching a series of mountains, the mountains aren't detailed at all and you can see them 'draw in' as you approach. I've tried EVERY SINGLE driver out there including the 62.xx series and for the 6800GT I would recommend 61.45's as the best image to performance combo. Everything else has some serious problems.

Thats all I've done today is try different drivers on the 'river' level of Far Cry. Take my advice and stick with 61.45's until the next official release.

OrionNT said:
I also have had good luck with the 61.72s. Here is a comparison of Nvidia Drivers. Its in german but there are alot of graphs, it was posted on [H] so most of you probably have seen it. I thought about trying out the 62.01, but I have no reason to now.

I guarantee the 61.71's image quality is worse in far cry. See my post above. I doubt that phenomenon of slow drawing on the mountains ect. is just me. It disappeared with 61.35's and gave me equal performance. Try it for yourself on the river level. That seems to be a good leve for showing up artifacts if you're going to have any as well. I wonder if that's one of the tougher levels on the card?

I've been using the 61.76 drivers... not sure how they compare though.

EDIT: This was from a .txt file in the drivers:

Version 61.76, 07/12/2004

Back