Best Buy Opens Xbox One Preorders Again

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks like Microsoft is staying true to its word to make more Xbox One consoles available for launch. I'll just be glad when both new consoles launch so the fanboys have something better to do than sit around in the forums screaming about who has the most pre-orders. :D

Microsoft said it sold out of Xbox One preorder units last month, leaving potential buyers having to resort to other means to nab a console on its first day out. Several retailers including Best Buy are opening up at midnight on November 22 to sell initial units.

Already have mine pre-ordered. :D Got in when it was first announced.

I feel I'll get more from the Xbox One than I would from the PS4. At least initially. I'll get a PS4 eventually, but not the pre-order (even though I'd love to).

I think it's awesome both are having huge pre-order numbers. Some great games should be coming out.

Some great games should be coming out.

This is why I am not preordering. The launch titles are either available on PC or aren't very interesting to me. I'll wait a few months, probably after Christmas.

This is why I am not preordering. The launch titles are either available on PC or aren't very interesting to me. I'll wait a few months, probably after Christmas.

Titanfall is the only moderately interesting thing and I'll just get that on PC. Not to mention the developers have dropped hints that it'll come to PS4 after a period of timed XBONE exclusivity.

I bought some of the older consoles at launch and loved them. Wasted a lot of money, but so worth it. SegaCD, Jaguar, Saturn, PS1... Some good games at launch, but nothing super exciting. It was great seeing the changes from the previous generation and it was fun. I'm older now, and hope to enjoy it again. :) May not be the greatest launch lineup, but it's exciting. :)

Haha my coworker bought 4 from the first round of preorders...his plan was to price gauge em on EBay ...hope this makes him squirm.

Haha my coworker bought 4 from the first round of preorders...his plan was to price gauge em on EBay ...hope this makes him squirm.

I'm all for free market, but I'll laugh if the scalpers have to sell theirs at cost. I've been looking all around to pre-order a PS4 for months and haven't been able to.

Hope Sony keeps the interns cranking 'em out.. I've resorted to buying Taco Bell boxes for a chance to get one :D

I'm all for free market, but I'll laugh if the scalpers have to sell theirs at cost. I've been looking all around to pre-order a PS4 for months and haven't been able to.

Hope Sony keeps the interns cranking 'em out.. I've resorted to buying Taco Bell boxes for a chance to get one :D

Any way to transfer a pre-order from Amazon? I have both, but I'm about to drop the PS4 pre-order.... I don't think it's possible, though.

For folks wondering you pay up front, not when it ships.

(trust me I know)

Any way to transfer a pre-order from Amazon? I have both, but I'm about to drop the PS4 pre-order.... I don't think it's possible, though.

Not that I know of.. thanks though! :)

You'll get more performance from the PS4. It also looks like you'll get a lot more games with the PS4, http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/08/by-the-numbers-next-generation-console-software-showdown/

Honestly, all this means is that there will be more games at launch - not like you are going to buy 15 games at launch and play them all at the same time...?

So if you play one game at launch and another 2 months later and another 2 months later - congrats you have only played 3 games in 4 months - out of how many "exclusives"? not to mention the fact that by the time you get around to them, they will be in bargain bins.

Don't give me this crap about more games or "higher performance" on the PS4. At the end of the day, you will buy the console you want because of the 3-4 games you want to play that you have already built up in your current console. Simple as that.

Honestly, all this means is that there will be more games at launch - not like you are going to buy 15 games at launch and play them all at the same time...?

So if you play one game at launch and another 2 months later and another 2 months later - congrats you have only played 3 games in 4 months - out of how many "exclusives"? not to mention the fact that by the time you get around to them, they will be in bargain bins.

Don't give me this crap about more games or "higher performance" on the PS4. At the end of the day, you will buy the console you want because of the 3-4 games you want to play that you have already built up in your current console. Simple as that.

Agreed

Yup, plus "higher performance" means nothing, especially on paper. With such slow "CPUs" and Sony agreeing that the CUs stop scaling at 14, there is not going to be any real difference.

Of the launch exclusives I actually want to play Forza, Dead Rising, and Ryse, where as I don't want to play Knack or Driveclub, and never really got in to Killzone though I will try it sometime.

I had three PS4s and two Xbox Ones preordered. Since they are going to have so many of each at launch, I canceled the two PS4s that I planned to resell on ebay. Keeping the two Xbox Ones (one for my GF), and the PS4 I only have $25 on just in case they do end up $800+ on ebay. If not, I can cancel and anyone else with that idea can cancel or return within 14 days.

Most stores accept console returns within 14 days for any reason. Someone can buy one, rent the games they want to try, then take it back as well.

Hey if you can switch the delivery address and have paypal, Ill take that from you :)

tumblr_lf6r0v46oM1qbvihuo1_500.gif

I've drawn one conclusion with Microsoft putting the Kinect 2 with the Xbox One...mandatory masturbation during Uno. :D

Back