Best brand now sense EVGA is gone at least with video cards ? :(

ng4ever

2[H]4U
I know most have just 3 year warranty but some have 4 years. Still I am not sure if that is good or bad. It may mean there not built as well.

Currently looking at a new RTX 4000 series video card.

Not sure which one yet.

It's really a game of compromises now, just like motherboards. It's sad that my favorite brands all went out of business, and for the same reasons (BFG Tech and EVGA).

Honestly, I'd just go reference design these days. NVIDIA's own cards are basically bulletproof. The only reason I didn't go with a reference 4090 is because they were impossible to grab a hold of one when I bought the Gigabyte card. Still happy with the purchase. I have not seen the Gigabyte get hotter than 55C in the most intense games like Cyberpunk 2077. Whichever brand you go with, I'd avoid their bloatware and just stick with Afterburner.

Some other personal experiences:

ASUS STRIX GTX 970 is still going strong in my sister's build going on a decade.
Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti is still going strong in a customer build after 8 years.

And that's it :ROFLMAO:. Everything else I've ever owned has been BFG Tech, EVGA, or NVIDIA.

Honestly, I'd just go reference design these days. NVIDIA's own cards are basically bulletproof.
Founder's Edition, which is NOT to be confused with reference design. Those are two different things and the Founder's Edition cards are definitely extremely well built with the 30 and 40 series.

Some AIB cards may give you better power limits/OC headroom though, but for 40-series doubt that is really a big deal since its more voltage limited vs the 30-series which was more power limited where AIB cards with additional 8-pins could overclock more than an FE card. Case in point, 3080 Ti's with three 8-pins available could clock higher with a higher power limit vs my FE which only adapts two 8-pins.

But basically, agree with what you are saying, just see who seems to be building the quality boards and go with that. Warranty is going to be crap chute with most of these big names, so hard to go off that these days. If you don't care about overclocking much, then FE is an excellent choice.

Honestly, with Asus attempting to fudge their customers recently (AM5 X3D overvolting issue + attempted warranty denial), and the absolutely terrible RMA quality assurance that I had with Gigabyte (980 Ti RMA that came with absolutely no thermal paste on the GPU die)...

For me it's basically down to MSI for GPU and motherboards. Maybe Asrock, but it's been a hot minute since my Bulldozer build with them - but I've been hearing (reading) good things.

Warranty means nothing when the manufacturer decides to screw you over and reject your RMA like Gigabyte did with the RTX 30 series. Their GPUs had very weak PCBs and ended up cracking which rendered the GPU's useless and Gigabyte decided to deny RMA's for THEIR own design flaws. Would never go with Gigabyte for a GPU after that. Asus also tried to screw over customers on AM5 mobos in a similar way until GamersNexus called them out. I guess that kinda just leaves MSI in the running for now if you cannot get your hands on a FE model. I personally had a really good experience with Nvidia when I RMA'ed my 2080 Ti for the space invaders problem, but that was 5 years ago.

I used both PNY over the years for my NVIDIA cards that I purchased early in the late 90's and early 2000's. I switched to EVGA because of their warranty. Once EVGA got out of the graphics business, I switched back to PNY for my 4090. No issues.

Warranty means nothing when the manufacturer decides to screw you over and reject your RMA like Gigabyte did with the RTX 30 series. Their GPUs had very weak PCBs and ended up cracking which rendered the GPU's useless and Gigabyte decided to deny RMA's for THEIR own design flaws. Would never go with Gigabyte for a GPU after that. Asus also tried to screw over customers on AM5 mobos in a similar way until GamersNexus called them out. I guess that kinda just leaves MSI in the running for now if you cannot get your hands on a FE model. I personally had a really good experience with Nvidia when I RMA'ed my 2080 Ti for the space invaders problem, but that was 5 years ago.
Thanks Msi seems good with support too they helped me with a video card question

Thanks everyone was able to get a new RTX 4090 for $1013.

Thought it was a decent deal. Worst comes to worst I will sell it for a reasonable price.
You basically got a 4090 for less than a 4080 and at around the price of 7900 XTX, so yeah... thats a smoking deal. Nicely done (y)

Founders (Nvidia). The heatsinks/cooling on these is excellent. The Three-fan design that AIB's have used for over a decade is... not as good. If you plan to watercool, ASUS Strix would be the way to go. If Founders is out of stock, PNY or Zotac would fill in.

Thanks everyone was able to get a new RTX 4090 for $1013.

Thought it was a decent deal. Worst comes to worst I will sell it for a reasonable price.
Did Amazon actually ship this price mistake out?

I know most have just 3 year warranty but some have 4 years. Still I am not sure if that is good or bad. It may mean there not built as well.

Currently looking at a new RTX 4000 series video card.

Not sure which one yet.

I never bought a video card for the warranty and I never had 1 fail over the years. Perhaps that because I never used them to mine crypto. Now motherboards on the other hand I have warrantied a few of them.

I never bought a video card for the warranty and I never had 1 fail over the years. Perhaps that because I never used them to mine crypto. Now motherboards on the other hand I have warrantied a few of them.
I dislike crypto miners so that is not why. My current EVGA video card still has 1 year warranty on it because I extended it to 5 years.

Just like the extra warranty.

It is here! Good packaging too.

it is here pic 1.JPG

it is here pic 2.JPG

Thinking of selling it because I want the founder edition instead not sure yet.

I've been buying gaming videocards since they started making them. Based on my experience, MSI and Asus have been solid video cards. I've never had one die on me. Now evaga cards, while they had great warranties, I've owned two and both died on me. The last one was a 3070 that totally failed (black screen) a couple of months ago. If they were still making video cards, I would never buy another evga card. MSI would be my first choice followed by Asus and Gigabyte would be my third choice.

I dislike crypto miners so that is not why. My current EVGA video card still has 1 year warranty on it because I extended it to 5 years.

Just like the extra warranty.
With EVGA now folded..... good luck with that.

I've been buying gaming videocards since they started making them. Based on my experience, MSI and Asus have been solid video cards. I've never had one die on me. Now evaga cards, while they had great warranties, I've owned two and both died on me. The last one was a 3070 that totally failed (black screen) a couple of months ago. If they were still making video cards, I would never buy another evga card. MSI would be my first choice followed by Asus and Gigabyte would be my third choice.
MSI and Asus are the only AIBs who offer a transferable warranty - so, if you sell your card, the buyer can still have RMA on it and if you are buying used - you can obtain RMA eligibility. I think that is pretty good and worth giving those two a chance to consider their cards.
I keep reading that the 40 series - has any of the vendors being decent - so, I would just read personal reviews - and see what ppl say - does their review make sense - does it sound good?
Gigabyte is my 3rd choice too - just because I've read a lot of reviews on the OC version - very low number of coil whine reports - sounds like a decent card - they acquired a bad rep for CS /RMA stuff but hopefully, the cards are sufficient quality that you rarely have to worry about dealing with that.

Edit: I think EVGA became complacent before they decided to leave shop. The XC series has so many fan complaints - my XC card had an issue - I sold it and the buyer knew how the card performed in my PC and was okay with it in theirs. I wouldn't buy another EVGA card either. I dunno how a RMA would have gone with that card - but, I read that many customers who returned their cards for RMA just received another card with the same/similar issue.

Have a related question here, EVGA was pretty relaxed regarding watercooling.

Is there any other company that lets you dismantle the cooler and slap on a watercooling block? Be it for Nvidia or AMD?

To be honest, EVGA's name comes from the warranty and their Step Up plan they used to have. Their actual build quality has varied from gen to gen from good to poor.

Have a related question here, EVGA was pretty relaxed regarding watercooling.

Is there any other company that lets you dismantle the cooler and slap on a watercooling block? Be it for Nvidia or AMD?
You just put the stock cooler back on if you ever have to warranty so I really have never given 2 shits about what they think about slapping a waterblock on. If they have those stickers on the screws, doesn't mean much if in the US in terms of enforceability.

I RMA'ed my 3080 12G-P5-4879-KL and I just got the replacement back. I'm happy to know EVGA is still hanging tough even without their GPU line for now.

I've dealt with EVGA warranty twice for RMA in the last maybe 13 years. Excellent customer service. I don't know if there is anyone close to them today.

I did have to RMA a XFX 4850 a long time ago and their process was decent, but they only do AMD.

For this gen I went with nvidia for founders edition. Had to RMA a Titan Xp long time ago and the experience was good.

What if the power supply ang gpu became one??? No sloppy, melty video card connectors

I've never had to RMA a video card under warranty in the past. Recently I've owned ASUS 3090 and now 4090 cards without issues. Hope the no RMA trend continues (knock on wood).

I've never had to RMA a video card under warranty in the past. Recently I've owned ASUS 3090 and now 4090 cards without issues. Hope the no RMA trend continues (knock on wood).
I haven't had any Asus stuff break on me (knock on wood)

Back