Best/Biggest TV for $2000 CDN

Foz2001

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking to buy a TV, I've looked at a few so far, and there is obvious picture difference between models. However not being able to do a side by side comparison with all tv's makes decision making a bit difficult.

Needs/wants
- 47" or larger
- widescreen
- HDTV 1080i
- decent name brand
- Budget of $2000CDN before taxes (roughly 1500-1600 US)

What would you guys suggest for a make/model with my budget?

Thanks

-Foz

I would recommed a CRT projector. I am sure you can find one for under $2000CAN and it will have resolutions at least equal to 1080i. Plus you can have a screen twice the size of what you are looking for (if you want). Thats what I would do.

if you get a projector don't forget a new bulb lamp cost between 250-400$
I would try to get a used TV you'll save sooo much (rich people don't care to loose 2k-3k) , check the ads on the internet.

if you're from quebec : www.lespac.com

Koslov said:
if you get a projector don't forget a new bulb lamp cost between 250-400$
I would try to get a used TV you'll save sooo much (rich people don't care to loose 2k-3k) , check the ads on the internet.

if you're from quebec : www.lespac.com

that why he said CRT prjector ;) No bulbs to buy...ever!!

ther is a gentleman over in the avsforum

goes by Curt Palm. He is from Canada and is quite reputable at selling crt pj. Just keep in mind that they are Big and heavy....but i run mine at 109 inch diagnol ;)

k well a projector does sound much better, and i have a spare room in the basement that would be perfect for one............ waht do i need to know about them?

Foz2001 said:
k well a projector does sound much better, and i have a spare room in the basement that would be perfect for one............ waht do i need to know about them?

well namely how to set them up

the convergance
g2 (grey scale)
Color temprature and all this.. but there is no projector in the digital realm that will look as good as a well calibrated CRT based projector.

also life span have been about 10k hours. some even more than that.

go to avsforum and read the crt section. Tells you what to look for and what not to do. Stay away from ebay as there a whole slew of scams going on there.

Something else to consider when going for a projector is the screen - these can be really expensive! Make sure to check out what screen you want to use and add that into your cost analysis.

-SEAL

I will suggest that you are on the wrong forum.

1st. Go over to avscience.com, hometheaterforum.com, or hometheaterspot.com and go to their forum and ask the same question.

Most projectors today are HDTV-compatible (480p, 720p and 1080i) with direct YPbPr/component (through VGA port), S-Video and composite video

Now for my opinion, I would suggest a Benq 6200 projector due to its great compuuter look at 1024x768 and it is bright, bright enough for poor light control (lit room) (1700 lumens)

BenQ 6200

If you have light control then the definate answer is the Sanyo Z2 at 1280x720, but it is not a bright and might be out of your price range. You are right on the edge of the good 1024x768 projectors.

For a screen, I would suggest building it as it is much cheaper and looks better unless you are willing to almost double your cost. For cheaper screens, look at Dalite Picture King Portables, and Dalite Model B Manuals and Designer Manuals.

For a screen

Back