Best bang for buck OC build?

DarkStar02

2[H]4U
Can anyone recommend me some CPUs capable of high OCs? Are there any cheap AMD chips that can be OC'd to compete with a 2500k?

Can anyone recommend me some CPUs capable of high OCs? Are there any cheap AMD chips that can be OC'd to compete with a 2500k?

Your thread title and your questions don't exactly match. If you want advice on a full build, please answer the stickied "ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FIRST!" so that we can help you better.

With that said, the 2500K is pretty much the best bang for the buck overclock capable CPU. If we're talking about gaming, barely any AMD CPU, no matter how heavily OC'd, can't compete with a stock Core i5 2500K let alone a heavily OC'd one.

Last edited:
Your thread title and your questions don't exactly match. If you want advice on a full build, please answer the stickied "ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FIRST!" so that we can help you better.

With that said, the 2500K is pretty much the best bang for the buck overclock capable CPU. If we're talking about gaming, barely any AMD CPU, no matter how heavily OC'd, can't compete with a stock Core i5 2500K let alone a heavily OC'd one.

Fixed.

Can anyone recommend me some CPUs capable of high OCs?

i5 2500K is the best overclocking chip you can get.

Are there any cheap AMD chips that can be OC'd to compete with a 2500k?

No. Even the top end 8150 when overclocked struggles to compete with the i5 2500 at stock when it comes to gaming and most applications.

Back