Best ATI PCI Graph card for gaming???

Redevyl

n00b
I'm looking to get a PCI Graph card and was wondering which ATI card would be the best for gaming?? Reminder...PCI not PCI-e

Actually thats the one I was looking at. Saw it on Pricegrabber for 52$..i take it thats probably the best for my needs i would hope :p

Make sure you get the 256MB version of the 9250. The 256MB version has 128 bit video RAM whereas the 128MB versions have 64 bit RAM (which of course sucks!). This is an example of the good one.

Karma said:
I'm sorry to rain on your parade, but apparently none of you guys have heard of the PCI 256MB GeForce FX 5700LE video card:

nVidia GeForce FX 5700LE GPU 256-bit PCI (not PCIe)

I'm sorry to rain on yours actually. First of all the site cant even get their facts straight. The FX5700LE is not a 256Bit memory bus card, its a 128bit in some cases and most of the time only a 64 bit. Its also not even faster than a 5200Ultra in a lot of cases. Secondly the Dx9 support on an FX card is.... well, CRAP. So it can really on be counted as a Dx8 one in my eyes. Another thing is that its way over priced on that site too. Sooo this alllll adds up to, a very crappy value.

On the other link too, facts are totally wrong, a FX can not do OpenEXR......

Skrying said:
I'm sorry to rain on yours actually. First of all the site cant even get their facts straight. The FX5700LE is not a 256Bit memory bus card, its a 128bit in some cases and most of the time only a 64 bit. Its also not even faster than a 5200Ultra in a lot of cases. Secondly the Dx9 support on an FX card is.... well, CRAP. So it can really on be counted as a Dx8 one in my eyes. Another thing is that its way over priced on that site too. Sooo this alllll adds up to, a very crappy value.

On the other link too, facts are totally wrong, a FX can not do OpenEXR......

:) lolol

First, the 9250 isn't a 256-bit chip either, so why'd you bring it up?

Second, the 9250 isn't even a DX-9 chip at all, only DX-8, so why bring that up?

Third, you really think NewEgg is overpriced?

Fourth, I was about to suggest to the poster that he get a cheap AGP motherboard and AGP video card: it'd be alot better overall w/ performance, and much more future proof. Why get PCI now anyway? What's the most he can spend, etc.

As to why you are poking holes in Newegg of all places, who cares?
There are basically only two PCI video cards to choose from in existence, and it isn't that hard to tell which one is better for games.

Best ATi, I'd still say 9250, but best PCI is definately the 5700LE.

Sorry but you're wrong.

The one you posted from Newegg is actually only a 64-bit bus card. Much slower than the other ATi, the one 128-bit version you posted is amazingly overpriced.

The 9100 Pro, if found, would blow both out of the water though.

Skrying said:
Sorry but you're wrong.

The one you posted from Newegg is actually only a 64-bit bus card. Much slower than the other ATi, the one 128-bit version you posted is amazingly overpriced.

The 9100 Pro, if found, would blow both out of the water though.

He didn't ask about price; he asked for the best PCI card.

Didn't mean to start a fuss. All i wanted to know was ..actually for the time being...is what would be a good PCI card to use to game with...I'm not looking for top notch quality at this time just something so i can play NWN on this stoopid compaq till i get my "other" ;) comp built. The 9250 would do just fine for the price and performance, and for the time bieng...didn't know you all cared so much :D BTW Nvidia causes looping, crashes and lock ups with NWN

Karma, don't be an idiot, and deny the facts. Skyring is right. I did a bit of research, 5700LE is 64-bit and more disgraced than the 9250, it's better than 5700 anyways. He can take more advantages by using the 9250 in an all-rounder computer, play games fine. 5700LE is just way more fucking worse, I'm telling you.

Plus, never suggest to anyone to pick up a FX line anymore. We should just leave them the fuck alone. FX series was just.. jacked up.

BigDaddy85 said:
did u read wat mr. stryker said? The archieture on FX series isn't great like ATI's.

I dont care what he says, your not going to tell me that a 9250 is better than that card.

that 5600 looks cool...I think I read a review some time ago when looking for a PCI card for my laptop-{its docking station). The 9100 was comperable to that card...and was about 100 dollars cheaper.

Hi, I was also looking for a good PCI card and found a 9100 Pro on ebay. Here are the stats:

Specifications
• ATI® RADEON® 9100 Pro VPU
• 250 MHz VPU core
• PCI
• 64MB DDR Memory
• 128-bit memory path
• Memory Clock: 250MHz (500MHz DDR)
• 400MHz DAC
• API Support: DirectX® 8.1, OpenGL®
• Connectors: VGA, DVI-D

Is that the best PCI video card I can get? I know it's only 64mb RAM, but that's enough for my game at low settings (ut2k4)

Back