Best Athlon 64 Mobo

torvalds

Limp Gawd
Are there any good one out yet? What is the best one?

Socket 939 by the way.

I built a system for a friend this week and used an Abit AV8. I was very impressed with it and would recommend it.

Daredevil said:
I built a system for a friend this week and used an Abit AV8. I was very impressed with it and would recommend it.

now did you do any OCing with it?
Im looking at the same mobo for my FX-53 untill the bad ass stuff comes to market...and Im interested in seeing what that hting can do

I didn't really have much of chance to push it, but what I did try it handled without a hiccup.

It has a Athlon64 3500 and I got is up to 2.5 Ghz no prob(didn't have time to try higher). He did have good cooling with a Swiftech MCX64-V, just FYI. I really wish I had more time to mess with it though. Nice setup.

The new Guru stuff is really nice too BTW. Makes overclocking a cinch.

it seems that within the past week or so that new 939 boards are hitting websites - It seems that both the k8T800 Pro and the new Nforce 3 look like good systems with a touch of overclock - my suggestion is to wait and see what comes out in the next few weeks.
Also, the big three of overclocking - Abit, Asus, and Epox... would be the ones I'd look at first.
I havent yet seen the Epox boards (tho used them in the past - rock solid they are)
Abits and asus ones are showing up ( abit has a tendency in my experience to run for say 3-4 years then die... 6 boards, different chipsets/cpu types)
so wait and see

Back