Best air cooler under 400g?

adlsrf

n00b
Also looking for something under 100mm height (to fit in an Ncase M1), but for the purposes of this thread in case anyone else needs the info, mention any that are lightweight (HSF+FAN < 400g) and decent.

Right now I just know of the Cooler Master GeminII M4.

Silverstone NT-06 PRO or Noctua NH-C14... both are much better than the Geminii M4...

NT-06 PRO is 700g with fan and the Noctua is 800-1000g with fan. The thread says "under 400g".

NT-06 PRO is 700g with fan and the Noctua is 800-1000g with fan. The thread says "under 400g".

Araxie hasn't learned to read well yet. Give him time. :D

I would go to newegg.com and click on the parameters you are looking for, it would be much easier. They also have one for 450g or less, which would be close.

I would go to newegg.com and click on the parameters you are looking for, it would be much easier. They also have one for 450g or less, which would be close.
That's where I found the GeminII M4 :) The rest look like they'd cool worse than it.

212+/Evo. Cheap as you can get with near D14 performance. The weight is an unknown to me from the top of my head but it's light.

yea im sorry, i forgot completely about the weight..

again with the OP in that case the Scythe Big shuriken 2 will do the perfect job.. 400g (heatsink+included fan) and again its better(12+ Degrees C under heavy loads) than the Cooler master.. its in the line of 400G so i guess in this case it should work for you.. anything less than that weight and you will be in the same line of the Geminii M4.

212+/Evo. Cheap as you can get with near D14 performance. The weight is an unknown to me from the top of my head but it's light.

I believe he also wanted under 100mm in height. Thats why its easier to use the option on newegg to check super specific things.

I believe he also wanted under 100mm in height. Thats why its easier to use the option on newegg to check super specific things.

Ok, didn't see that part, that crosses out the 212+/Evo then. Pretty much rules out any tower form factor cooler if 100mm in height is part of the requirement.

yea im sorry, i forgot completely about the weight..

again with the OP in that case the Scythe Big shuriken 2 will do the perfect job.. 400g (heatsink+included fan) and again its better(12+ Degrees C under heavy loads) than the Cooler master.. its in the line of 400G so i guess in this case it should work for you.. anything less than that weight and you will be in the same line of the Geminii M4.
Yeah, I'm looking at that one now. Since the CPU I will be using is an i5-4590S (65W TDP), I might still go with the GeminII M4. I intend to transport my SFF system a lot so the lighter heatsink sounds safer.

Yeah, I'm looking at that one now. Since the CPU I will be using is an i5-4590S (65W TDP), I might still go with the GeminII M4. I intend to transport my SFF system a lot so the lighter heatsink sounds safer.

with that chip you will be fine with any of those coolers.. you can also think in even be passive cooling with the Big Shuriken 2.. but only if you have a good airflow in your case as it support 95W TDP fanless..

Back