Best acc for Dremel?

neosen

Gawd
I have a B&D RTX tool which is pretty much a dremel, anyway I al wondering what attachment I should use to smooth out some cuts (from cutting out the cases fangrills) and what other attachments would be generally useful ?

I'd like to add on to this, since I just got a dremel for Christmas and am very new to it, I've been meaning to ask but was worried I'd be laughed at hehe :)

Right now I'm using Fiberglass Cutoff wheels to cut through my aluminum case. Are these the correct wheels, or should I go for a different type? Also, I plan on doing some steel case cutting..will the fiberglass wheels do it? Another thing hehe, what about deburring/sanding..should I use one of those grinding bits, or is there a different technique?

Most people would recommend the fiberglass wheels for cutting cases. I tend to use the thick emery ones for economical reasons. And kind of on the same topic, and to answer neosen's question as well, I use the fiberglass wheels to smooth out holes and debur them. Hold them perpendicular to the inside of the hole and use a gentle shaving motion. I like that technique better than using grinding stones since the fiberglass discs have a little give to them and they don't bite into the material as much.

Back