Best 9600XT

I dun like my 9600 XT...Asus

seems like it's fucking up on me right now

didn't clock ur mem? do u have problems with that too?

I get this VPU error when running Prince of Persia without clock...dats why I am pretty pissed now

Imppys-VPU.JPG

Imp, fellow ic28-er.

What's wrong with your Asus R9600XT, man? That bites.

coastertux, there is a guide within the Video Card portion of the forum that outlines the best manufacturer of each card to go for.

Sapphire is a partner of ATI--so either "Built by" or "Powered by" ATI or Sapphire, respectively, is good for ya.

Enjoy.

looove my Sapphire...hell I didn't even buy it. I came home and my wife handed me a package and said "This came for you today...I ordered it like a week ago. Hope you like it."

:)

My Sapphire hates me, so it's going back.

I get that annoying VPU error among other things.

A 5900NU(4x2) will outperform a 9600XT(4x1) for cheaper, I'd recommend that you consider this... and they OC extremly high.

Originally posted by heyheyhey
A 5900NU(4x2) will outperform a 9600XT(4x1) for cheaper, I'd recommend that you consider this... and they OC extremly high.

I haven't seen a 5900nu yet for less than $150 shipped. That's what my 9600xt cost...$147. no hl2 coupon or bundled games...but I don't care about those since I don't play the games that are usually bundled with cards...and never have been a hl fan.

the 5900 may be faster, but if you're on a budget like many are, then you can't go wrong with the 9600xt...especially when it's less than $150.

I prefer to use Retail ATi product's. So I am going to say ATi!!

/IoWnZa

the error I got is an error independent of the vid card itself :D...it's some driver error, thanks god...and I'm getting 527/622 clock on this card...4150 3dmarks on 3dmark03

Imp, if you have Samsung chips on that asus card, then you can probably EASILY get 650-680 Mhz if not 700Mhz. the samsung chips are rated at a top speed of 350Mhz (ddr=700).

That would give you a noticeable boost in performance since the 9600xt's are starving for memory bandwidth.

I wish they would've put a 256-bit memory bus on these things...then they just might give the 9700pros a good run.

I get distortions when I run the core above 535

I dunno what ram they have on asus, not sure...

My Built by ATI card is runing 570core/350(700)mem
I'm pretty happy with it :) Might help that my ambient temp in my room is about 45F and I run witht eh case open tho ;) Nothing doen to the heatsink except to add some AS3 to the stock heatsink, no lapping or anything. Tempted to get ramsinks to see if I can push the memory higher - it's noticably warm to teh touch.

Zari: not sure if ramsinks will help you or not. I couldn't oc my memory any more with ramsinks. However, I did a vmod for the memory (Thanks Unoid for the informative site!) and got it up to 715 ddr. I only pushed the memory to the maximum voltage in the Samsung spec (2.9v stock was 2.5)...no higher. If I push a little higher voltage I may be able to squeeze more out of it.

I did notice that the ramsinks are warmer to the touch after the vmod.

Back