Best 40" 4K monitor?

brutalizer

[H]ard|Gawd
So, which is the best monitor out there, right now? And are there any new monitors arriving soon, that should be "monitored"? (Pun indented)

I would also take a look at the Crossover 40". I think it really depends on what you are looking for though in a 40" display. If PWM does not bother you and you have a GPU that has HDMI 2.0, the Samsung TVs might work well for you - especially if you want a curved screen. The Phillips and Seiki both seem to suffer from PWM and other issues. I have Crossover 44k 40" coming later this week. For me, no PWM, dual display port connections, 4k @ 60 hz and the $667 price tag made the Crossover the right choice.

The amazon reviews of the crossover concern me a bit. I don't necessarily care about refresh rates over 60hz, but in the comments:

"I wouldn't recommend it for image or video editing. The pixels are not exactly square, so the image is slightly stretched horizontally. Colors are good and there are lots of pixels, but contrast decreases a fair amount when viewing at off angles, and the monitor is so big that you tend to always have at least part of it at enough of an angle for it to be noticeable. "

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2GLDQ...-glance&nodeID=541966&store=pc#wasThisHelpful

If the off-angle viewing is bad, that could be a major knock for a monitor this size.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Some more discussion on the Crossover here with user reviews:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1549360/crossover-44k-uhd-led-40-inch-monitor

Monitors are one of those things that are hard to evaluate sometimes unless it is right in front of you! The 42" Wasabi Mango is supposed to use an IPS panel and is available on Ebay for around 1200 - it will be interesting to see if IPS glow is a big problem. Also, I have read that Wasabi Mango was started by former employees of Yamakasi or is possibly affiliated with Yamakasi. Not sure if that is accurate though.....

Back