Psycrow

Gawd
Time for a huge upgrade since im still using samsung 27" 60 hz standart monitor but it has magic colours :D

So few years i bought a 4 k from asus that was one of the first ones, and it was a horrible nightmare with backlight bleeding and dead pixels and dents in the bezel among other issues.
This has scared me alot from buying new monitors.

But times has changed i hope and im ready to buy a new 4 k monitor with the best black and less back light bleeding or what you call it today.
I guess there is something called fald with local zone dimming or something that makes the mouse pointer show halo.

But is it realy like choosing poison today ?
Like do i want halo or back light bleeding ?

Anyway what is the best 4 k monitor ?
And money isent a problem since i saved plenty now.
I would prefer one with 2.1 hdmi for high hz and 10 bpc rates.
Non curved and 27-28" Prefer one that can adjust hights

Hmm but i want to stick with 27" since 32 is to big a monitor.
Actualy its best to have a smaller monitor for shooters. And its best to havea big monitor for race games.

Hmm but i want to stick with 27" since 32 is to big a monitor.
I wouldn't touch a 4K monitor under 32". At that size you have to use font scaling which I can't stand. Beyond that, while the pixel density is nice, I can't tell much of a difference between that and 2560x1440. I'd rather take the latter and get higher frame rates in games at that size. I'd prefer it to be closer to 38" or better if I'm actually going to 4K. In fact, I think 40"-43" is actually the perfect 4K size as far as I'm concerned. If all I did was game and do zero work with my PC, I'd probably opt to go even bigger than that.
Actualy its best to have a smaller monitor for shooters. And its best to havea big monitor for race games.
Nonsense. Something that fills your peripheral vision will be more immersive than a smaller monitor. As for shooters, I think its competitive gamers that perpetuate the nonsense but the fact is, some people are better at using peripheral vision than others. What's best in the realm of monitors is entirely subjective when it comes to how big is too big, etc.

Ok but still 27 suits me better on my desk :D
Im just worried about the backlight bleeding on the 2 k panels and the Halo/blooming effect on the 4 k

I have to disagree... I can definitely notice a big difference between 27" 4K and 1440p in games thanks to the higher ppi, an effect largely diminished by going to 32". Yes, you need font scaling at 27", but the text looks great and as a game dev I love it.

I once had a 24" 4K monitor... Too small for me physically but the ppi was godly.

Psycrow, if you want a smaller panel, try out the gigabyte m28u. It's a 4k 144hz ips 28" screen :).

I have to disagree... I can definitely notice a big difference between 27" 4K and 1440p in games thanks to the higher ppi, an effect largely diminished by going to 32". Yes, you need font scaling at 27", but the text looks great and as a game dev I love it.

I once had a 24" 4K monitor... Too small for me physically but the ppi was godly.

Psycrow, if you want a smaller panel, try out the gigabyte m28u. It's a 4k 144hz ips 28" screen :).

I have been looking on that but recently i dont like gigabyte since i got ther 3080 ti card and ther software dosent work with my card. The card works fine tho. And ther support is very poor.
They barly answer my tickets with anything usefull. So i would like to avoid gigabyte in the future.

Isent there some new panels on the way to released soon ?
I have been looking up FALD and back light bleeding on the existing panels and it dosent look good.

Wow, it looks amazing HDR 1000 and A-TW
Wonder about price though.
Geizhals.eu lists it at 1474 euros in Germany. So you can probably expect similar numbers in USD since the EU price is with VAT. If it is Mini-LED that price is in line with other similar displays. A bit overpriced compared to OLED but what can you do other than wait for sales.

I am now wary of the HDR1000 specs as my Samsung CRG9 is supposedly DisplayHDR1000 as well and sure, it gets bright but it has next to no local dimming.

Reactions: XoR_
like this
€1500 would not be terrible compared to current offerings.
Last year I got LG 27GP950 for €1000 and while this is kinda overpriced its pretty good price for monitor with hardware calibration and LG sure knows how to make good IPS panels. In fact I am absolutely amazed by its performance. With lots of ambient light there isn't even need for better contrast ratio and colors are very good.

That said in the future I will definitely want to upgrade for something better but it might as well be OLED skipping all the FALD stuff.
I would rather want something with better contrast ratio than brighter.

Also the issue with displays is that its hard to find one that can be comfortably viewed. So it better have some ridiculous specs for me to risk it.

Back