Best 30" monitor

Oneboy

n00b
Hi,

which of these 30" monitors would have the best panel quality, screen uniformity, less backlight bleeding and colour accuracy. The candidates are Hp zr30w, dell 3008wfp, Lg w3000h-bn, Hazro Hz30wi and dell u3011.

At the moment i´m leaning towards the Hp zr30w or the dell 3008wfp which is a rev. a03. Which would you get out of these? It doesn´t matter to me too much how many input connections the monitor has. Also I don´t have any calibration programs at the moment.

Thanks

If that's the case than the HP ZR30W would be ideal if you dont care much for the input connections

What about the lack of osd in the Hp Zr30w, is it bad? How are the colours etc. without much calibration? How easy (quick) it would be to calibrate the Hp Zr30w so the picture quality is better on the Hp than Dell? I have heard that the Hp has less screen uniformity issues and also less ag coating than the Dell, is this true?

If inputs don't concern you, get the ZR30W. I've got the 3008 (A03) and it's a great monitor. However, it's several years old technology. I'm in the market for another 30" and definitely will get a ZR30W when I'm ready to pull the trigger.

If inputs don't concern you, get the ZR30W. I've got the 3008 (A03) and it's a great monitor. However, it's several years old technology. I'm in the market for another 30" and definitely will get a ZR30W when I'm ready to pull the trigger.

Just curious why you're not going to stay with Dell and get the U3011 instead?

Im going for the hp one. gonna buy/order it in the end of this month.
Wonder what kind programs would b good to fix those colours if its needed? any suggestions?

Are you looking for a 30 inch due to size or resolution the 30 inchers support normally?

I spent a good deal of time comparing and settled down on the ZR30W as well. No complaints here.

I know you already ordered but for me the
Dell UltraSharp U2711 is one of the best bang for buck ones if a person is looking for one of a higher native. Its 27 inch but it does what a 30 inchers can do

Just curious why you're not going to stay with Dell and get the U3011 instead?
The HP is cheaper, but still has the same panel as the 3011. I only use one of the DVI-D ports along with the DisplayPort on my 3008 so all those additional ports aren't a necessity for me.

I know you already ordered but for me the
Dell UltraSharp U2711 is one of the best bang for buck ones if a person is looking for one of a higher native. Its 27 inch but it does what a 30 inchers can do

The Dell U2711 27" is not considered a best bang for the buck. It's actually pretty expensive. When it first came out it was well over $1,000+. It has come down a bit but, its still about a $1,000 in price. It's a 16:9 monitor with 2560x1440 res. vs 16:10 on a 30" with 2560x1600 resolution.

I have a u3011 and I finally had the opportunity to sit in front of a u2711. From a size perspective, the 30" kills it. Also, 16:10>>>>>>>16:9 IMO. After having my 30" for a month I felt cramped in front of the u2711.

The 27" is a good display, but the 30" is well worth the price difference. I chose the Dell over the HP because, after the 25% off coupon, the prices on the two units were very close.

The AG coating "issue" on all these displays is blown way out of proportion.

I have the ZR30w and it smells like victory! Every time my eyes are graced with looking upon it I cannot help but smile and thank the Monitor gods! Excuse me now, I must return to playing New Vegas at 1600p!

Last edited:
I like my 3007WFP-HC... I've owned two so far and they're simple but have decent features (good stand, 3 yr warranty, card reader which I actually used). But most importantly they are fast so games look good/run good. I've played twitch games like Quake 3 and I feel no noticable lag although I'm sure there is some.

I could get a 1 year old dell 3008wfp with two years warranty left relatively cheap. The reviews say the colors are not that good out of the box and the screen uniformity either. I was planning to calibrate it though so is there a big difference after calibration on the Hp zr30w? Does it have any obvious disadvantages vs the Hp? Can you see that the screen technique is older on the dell?

I noticed nobody recommended the Hazro. Is that because nobody has one or they're not as good?

TFTCentral has reviewed the Hazro. As with the HP it also lacks OSD.
For me just this is a definite NO NO. Dell U3011 would be my choice. Well worth the price diff. if any due to connections and proper OSD.

Well then which is better quality monitor picture quality, color accuracy and overall build quality wise the Dell u3011 or the Nec Pa271w?

Dell makes the best affordable 30" moniters. Great deals, relativley.

My vote goes to HP ZR30w - great monitor over all. I only use it as a PC monitor so the limited input does not bother me.

Back