Best 24" PVA/IPS Monitor under $300

ali123

Weaksauce
Hi guys, my HP 2709M is constantly tiring my eyes out. It's too big and the viewing angles are annoying me. I can probably sell it for around $250-300. So I'm looking to get a 24" PVA or IPS in that range. I Don't mind going for something used. What monitor should I go for?

Thank you

Last edited:
Find a refurb NEC 2470WNX if you can. I have two of them (one is stashed away) and they are nearly as perfect as the NEC 2490WUXi, except a bit more contrasty. I write all day long on one of them.

IMO, 23-inch displays are the end of the world. Stock up on your canned goods.

Dell U2311H is the best IPS panel by FAR according to all the reviwers. Refer to tho TFT Centrals Review for all info

Beware of the Quality control, it will most likely take you an exchange or 2 to get a unit that isnt tinted. This is common on all the lower end IPS, at least with the U2311H you will bet getting a good monitor.

Dell U2311H is the best IPS panel by FAR according to all the reviwers. Refer to tho TFT Centrals Review for all info

Beware of the Quality control, it will most likely take you an exchange or 2 to get a unit that isnt tinted. This is common on all the lower end IPS, at least with the U2311H you will bet getting a good monitor.

What he said. Although I can't say for sure it's the best "by far", it's definitely a beautiful screen. If you can get it at $239, on top of the 3 year advanced exchange warranty, you'll be set =)

I prefer atleast 24" if possible. I don't mind older models as I'm not going to be gaming with it. Just doing a bunch of video/website editing.

Thanks

Hell yes, if I have to exchange a monitor 2 times to get a good one, it has to be the best. Shouldn't quality be included calling something the best? :confused:

I prefer atleast 24" if possible. I don't mind older models as I'm not going to be gaming with it. Just doing a bunch of video/website editing.

Thanks

The 1" difference isn't a big deal. What might not be okay with you is 1080p vs 1200 vertical pixels.

The 1" difference isn't a big deal. What might not be okay with you is 1080p vs 1200 vertical pixels.

Yes that to. That's why I want 24" I saw my friends 16:9 and I didn't like how thin it was.

can it do 72hz over vga?
review doesn't say

Oh yes, the U2311H is a great monitor. Yes you'll have to exchange it a few times, but you'll get a great monitor when you find that one that works great.

Another monitor to check out is the PVA models from BenQ: EW2420, VW2420, BL2400PT. I recently got the VW2420 myself. So I can say they're actually really great. People have had some complaints regarding the response time, not sure if that's a concern for you though, is it? If you need a monitor for work and for enjoying movies and even technical work like photo editing, the high 3000:1 native contrast ratio may be beneficial. The colors may not be as accurate as IPS panels (so you may also consider the U2311H), but I think that the black levels on the BenQ PVA panels will definitely do the justice. These monitors also come with LED backlighting. Another model is the Samsung F2380 which is similar to the BenQ PVA panels except it doesn't use LED backlighting, but CCFL.

Except the HP is junk performance wise other then size compared to the Dell and it suffers form the same QC issues.

U2311H isn't local for me so it's going to cost me alot to replace it for a perfect one. Is there any older models that are recommended? response time isn't much of a concern for me. How about the HP LP2465?

Thank you

U2311H isn't local for me so it's going to cost me alot to replace it for a perfect one. Is there any older models that are recommended? response time isn't much of a concern for me. How about the HP LP2465?

Thank you

Other than the HP ZR24w being junk :rolleyes:, you get onsite repair if you have an issue:

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1036588109&postcount=2482

The refurbs cost $339 almost the same as the new 2311 ($319), and it's of course 16:10 instead of 16:9.

Click on Monitors in the Small and Medium Business list:

http://h71016.www7.hp.com/html/hpre.../buspurchase-refurbished/computing/price-list

There are two available as I wrote this.

Also two LP 2465 for $449 each too.

Thank you

Did you decide what you wanted in the end?

Back